Son has head tingling, sensitivity to sound and light

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

prodman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Aug 2009, 9:49 am

My 25 year old son has periodic symptoms of strong head tingling, muscle weakness, dry eyes, sensitivity to sound an light. MRI and CAT Scans show nothing. He gets extremely depressed about these symptoms. One doctor told my wife and I that when problem started(he became very aggressive and angry) that he may have been going through delayed puberty. Our family doctor suggested putting him on anti depressants and psychotropic drugs which made him worse. We had to ween him off drugs(ativan, Zoloft, klonopin, etc.)which caused withdrawal symptoms which we believe is causing these symptoms, although he has been off these benzo drugs for almost 2 years now. Has anyone had these head tingling and other symptoms like our son is having. They appear to come and go and when he becomes anxious or has panic disorder regarding them, they get worse and last longer.

Curtis

andi1235
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Aug 2009, 7:39 am

Sounds like it might be migraines. I just found some information on this subject by Googling, so there's probably a whole lot out there. I haven't posted enough on this forum to post a link yet, but try searching migraines +"head tingling".

Good luck! If it *is* migraines, maybe there's a medicine that will actually help!

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2009, 7:47 am

Personally I have a phobia of bright lights and loud noises. Maybe thats the root?

TobyZ
Toucan
Toucan

11 Aug 2009, 8:28 pm

Tingling of the scalp/head developed for me at age 35 when I had no clue I had aspergers (realized 4 years later).

I would SERIOUSLY consider this an allergy symptom (nerve problems). For me, it was gluten. It really isn't had to go Gluten-free for 2 weeks... then eat some bread and see if you feel sick/tingling right away (for me it is within 15 minutes of eating it). You might want to get some other allergy tests...