Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

sunsetsoftie
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Feb 2006, 10:38 am

anyone out there have ideas on what kind of music to use when having a meltdown? i would like to try and use music with my 12yr old daughter with AS/SID to help calm her when she is having a difficult time. any ideas would sure be appreciated...thanks ahead of time!

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2006, 2:21 pm

My son reacts really well to World Baby which is Celtic Lullabies. It's made by Fisher Price. Although given that he's 7, I'm not sure a 12 year old would like it as much, but I have to admit even *I* find it calming. :wink: You might want to try Ambient music. I have a friend who's son (he's 11) reacts really well to that.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2006, 2:50 pm

I've always enjoyed Bach's Unaccompanied Cello Suites...anything with a prominent cello always calms me down. I may be 22, but I still sometimes have meltdowns (unfortunately), although they are very infrequent. :?

ster
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2006, 11:47 pm

everyone's different....both my son and hubby find that sometimes loud, pulsing music and a good fist into the pillow helps . other times, quiet music and dimming the lights is best ~ we like Enya.