Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

heliocopters
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Mar 2010, 10:03 am

Okay, so I know I am way too young to really start seriously thinking about this, being only nearly 22-years-old, but hopefully in 8-12 years I'll be financially stable enough to have children (unless I hit the jackpot before then :roll: ). Anyway, I am interested in adopting one or two children (siblings) who have or show signs of HFA or AS in a handful of years. To satisfy my immediate curiosity, I was wondering if anyone knew of any resources I could look into for adoptive children with AS or HFA?

Thanks!

angelbear
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 4:08 pm

You may be able to adopt a child through the foster care system that has AS or HFA. Just check with different adoption agencies in your state and find out which ones work with the state. We are in Georgia and we checked into Bethany Christian services which I think is international. God Bless you!

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2010, 7:14 pm

I was adopted.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2010, 12:09 pm

Best wishes. I hope it works out. :)

spectrummom
Raven
Raven

24 Mar 2010, 9:03 am

Hello,

I have a son with HFA and a daughter we adopted. You might try going to adoption.com and looking around the message boards there. There is a forum for special needs/autism but it doesn't get a lot of traffic so you should also consider posting in the general "adoptive parents" forum. The folks there know everything about everything related to adoption.

Good luck,