Anyone know about good Gap Year programs?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

JenniferMom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Jul 2011, 9:03 am

Our son is a senior this year and needs a gap year program to help him prepare for living independently and bridge into college life. Does anyone know a good o e?

CatL
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jul 2011, 6:35 am

Hi Jennifer,

If you're looking for a company that would provide plenty of support before, during and after the the trip then [www] realgap.co.uk are a good option. Travel advisers help you plan and in-country coordinators look after you once you arrive, plus there is a great deal of choice when it comes to locations and activities; anything from volunteering to adventure tours across around the world.

Hope this was helpful! If you'd prefer to have chat over the phone you can reach the team on 01892 516164,

Cat

JenniferMom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jul 2011, 10:18 am

We are actually looking at 2 types of programs - one for travel and fun, and the other for this transitional thing for Aspies and kids with ADD, etc... I know of one, but need other names. Hoping someone has heard of the more academic type. Thanks for the name. I'm going to contact them for the fun half of the year. I understand that gap years are more common in the UK. They're pretty new here.