Did your child have Kawasaki Disease?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2014, 8:02 am

DianeDennis wrote:

I don't know that this is a legitimate website that I would rely on for information. The vaccine connection sounds like hokum, to be honest. If they had an actual link to the study, that would be helpful.

The initially website you gave with legitimate academic papers, earlier in the thread had links to other papers that did not find a link between Kawasaki Disease and Autism. To me, it does not look like the science is there at this point. It does not mean they won't do more studies and find more consistent repeatability of results, but it does not seem like that is true right now. A connection to a virus (or infection) is more believable than a connection to vaccines even as an initial step.

AshleyEthoHudson
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Aug 2016, 11:20 am

My son was hospitalized with Kawasaki Disease at 20 months, and diagnosed with ASD at 2. I'm also curious if there is a connection, since autism is known to be associated with immune dysfunction.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 1:01 pm

Neither of my kids had Kawasaki or an adverse reaction to vaccination.

Beware the pitfall of confirmation bias and the supposition that statistical correlation or association means anything even remotely like causation.