Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

doodlebug
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Feb 2012, 10:26 pm

It's been a long day with the kiddo and he is finally in his room for the night. I am stressed and I'm just not able to blow it off tonight. I swear this is taking years off my life. How do you destress at the end of the day?

Mama_to_Grace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 10:29 pm

I read novels, which allow me to escape from reality.

A glass of wine and some loud music in the earphones destresses too.

A hot bubble bath works well also.

mom77
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Feb 2012, 4:14 am

walking. I live in an area where I can go for a walk by myself at night
the combination of air and exercise is awesome!
I am also probably on the spectrum, so after a day of constant sensory input from my kids, I often feel physically sick.. This helps.

modernorchid

16 Feb 2012, 7:12 pm

At nite, I read, watch something on netflix, play with our kittys, have a cup of tea and visit WP.

During the day, I take a walk, run, workout, take the longest hot shower possible, garden, and play with our kittys =^.^= (they are messy but help all of us destress, petting them is very soothing, best recent family decision we have made)

blondeambition
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 10:05 am

Mama_to_Grace wrote:
I read novels, which allow me to escape from reality.

A glass of wine and some loud music in the earphones destresses too.

A hot bubble bath works well also.

I definitely agree with these destressors.

Chamomile tea can help, too.

Also, if you are stressed out all the time, you can see a psychiatrist (for meds) or psychologist (for counseling).

www.freevideosforautistickids.com is my website with hundreds of links and thousands of educational videos for kids, parents and educators. Son with high-functioning classic autism, aged 7, and son with OCD/Aspergers, aged 4. I love my boys!

Eureka-C
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 11:48 am

I like to put destressors into categories, so I have

physical destressors - walking, fidgiting, clicking a pen, dance with the PS3 kinect and my kids, deep breathing, meditation, yoga,

sensory destressors - playdoh, fidgit toys, soft blanket, warm bath, low lights, soft music, repetitive noise (ocean cd), candlelight,

Mental destressors - read a book, bake some cookies from scratch, do a puzzle, play a mindless computer game, make lists, draw, do a project, clean/sort/organize a closet, guided imagery, mental math (this one is my fallback when I am about to cry in a place I don't want to - double numbers 2, 4, 8, 16, and so on until I can't calculate anymore)