Turn Taking Games for Short Attention Span

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Gnomey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Mar 2012, 3:31 pm

What board games or other are you playing with your kids. At the moment my 4 year old daughter can play Trouble if we don't enforce the 6 to start rule.

Chuckeyegg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Mar 2012, 3:03 pm

We are playing snakes and ladders and other various orchard toy games with my son, he is 5.

kcal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Mar 2012, 8:23 pm

try some of the Gamewright card games (Amazon)... we have Rat-A-Tat cat, Zues on the Loose, and Loot and we like them... they have games for younger kids too... the thing I like are that they are easy to play and go really quick so you can play if you have 10-15 minutes here and there... our other card game is UNO, but it is a little longer and more involved

Bombaloo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 9:26 pm

Zingo has been popular at our house for a few years although its not really turn taking. Its like bingo but with cards that have pictures on them likes houses and shoes and dogs and stuff instead of having to figure out which square is B9, etc. Candyland was also a good one. She might be ready for Go Fish?

Gnomey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2012, 12:05 am

I love all these suggestions. Thank you very much.