Moms, did you have ultrasounds?
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes 100%  100%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 11

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2012, 6:36 pm

You're probably better off thinking about how you are going to deal with it if it DOES happen than how you are going to keep it from happening in the first place.

There's too much we don't know.

The main reason for the rise in cases is that people are being diagnosed with fewer and fewer symptoms of less and less severity.

20 years ago, I was weird and backward and bad. Today, I have Asperger's.

Anyway. I really don't mean that as an insult. That's the case with a lot of things that parents worry about (and that people worry about, for that matter) I've found. You are better off-- you will learn more, be less scared, feel more empowered, and generally have a better time in life-- if you stop thinking about how to keep "bad" things from happening and start thinking about how you will deal with them if they do.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

30 May 2012, 3:39 pm

I have a very "new age" "earth mother" type friend, who is vegan and homeschools and all that kind of stuff. Really against pharmaceuticals etc. But she has ultrasound scans.