Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

KristenNoel
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jun 2012, 8:38 pm

I am still new to this site and am sorry if there is already a thread in here for this. I bought an ipad to help my daughter with communication..social stories and a picture exchange of some kind. Some of the apps are so expensive and do not offer a trial or lite version so I wanted to get some feedback from parents as to what apps were preferred. My daugher is three years old and has a diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy and Autism. She does have a lot of language, but it is mostly echolaic with some learned phrases. She needs a lot of prompting for simple speech and it is hard to know how much she is understanding sometimes. So far, I just got some games like popping balloons to try to teach her how to use the ipad to begin with..

these seem to be popular...

Proloquo2Go
Touch Chat
Grace

any opinions?

Washi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 8:53 pm

Sono Flex lite is free and has a lot of options in it.

And just a random suggestion my favorite app developer is Toca Boca for games and they're much loved by parents of autistic kids. They're offering a free one right now: Toca Robot Lab and I think their Christmas Hair Salon and Monsters Kitchen are always free too.

KristenNoel
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jun 2012, 11:33 am

cool, thank you!

Bombaloo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 12:45 pm

Do a search on this site and you will find many references of people using different programs.