Our happy camper.......not so happy!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

lovelyboy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2012, 7:58 am

Dont know if you remember my post regarding my gfg who didnt want to go on his first Gr 3 camp....2 days adventure....First time away from home!! !!!Anxiety>"!" never even had a sleep over!

Then his teacher bullied us into letting him go....After we planned a replacement long weekend away at warm baths!
So my hubby had to drive all the way back now to go and fetch him, they arrived back today, then bring him to me and little dude, relaxing at warm baths!

So I sms hubby to ask how the happy camper is doing, when bus arrived? Sms returned that he is not happy at all!! ! so bad that hubby said its not right time to phone him now!

Agh!! !! !! Just spoke to hubby and gfg....My son is in a mess!! !! ! Said they almost never got any water to drink, just Power aid! And my son knows he isnt suppose to drink those stuff!! !! And said they got very little food to eat! My son needs plenty of snacks, being on Risperdal! Hubby said teacher got very irritated when he went to ask for the meds!

Now WE need to do damage control! Well at least I am not the dragon anymore!
Sometimes our gfg's have to work things out for themselves! And will only learn from experience! All the things he is unhappy about, I predicted.....but teachers always think they know best!! !! !

So now I am waiting with anticipation!! !! !!
:( :(

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 8:43 am

I am so sorry. I don't understand why they were so persistent about this. Hopefully, they will understand things better, now. Your son will bounce back. :)

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 9:06 am

I had a bad experience the first time I was away from home.

After that, I was able to go to the other side of the world for 3 weeks with a school trip.