name something you love about your AS child

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 4:09 pm

I love that my son says "roger," instead of "okay," and that he calls his sisters "operatives." :lol:

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 6:16 pm

that's adorable una!

Mine puts up with me :wink:

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

Rachelp2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jan 2007, 7:24 pm

Hi :D

My Dan (11) say's that his school mates are not mates they are "Aquaintances" :P

I love most thing's about him but most of all I love his polite caring nature, the clever front he put's on for others even though it must be difficult to do :roll: He's growing into a lovely young man with a lot of pride but can't imagine how he'll change by the time he's 16?! They change sooo much in everyway :wink:

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 10:46 pm

Fox (16) still can't find a thing when that thing is staring him in the face; yet has become more balanced and caring with the transition from 9 to 16 as well as more mentally stout; patient, skilled; The military program for youth really solidified his cognitive ability to speak and respond as well as gave him a focus endpoint to the schooling, learning, weird system we have as a society imposed without a guide book a tourist could follow or even find. I guess we were lucky there, because it is a family trait for that being the path we are drawn to. He has moods-but has never really been 'moody'. He is cynical, and cynically funny, and often just plain very funny-always follows 'the rules' as well as always forgets every rule I 'casually' impose or request (!). Artistic-but not the least bit soft. He grew into a man just overnight-but he didn't grow into something or someone 'different'. All the girls notice him. He notices just a few, considering most to be shallow, snotty, catty. Though he says career first. And I really push that as well. Establish a career and then marry one good woman, or if your gay, you know, just be happy and furfilled and secured all the way through this your life...; and don't give me any grandkids! :-) (unless you absolutely must and then only one!! !! !! ! (dagnabit))

But I got really really lucky. And what it took was.....telling him the what and why to everything he looked upon; the reprocussions and possibilities and likelyhoods and rules; the behind the scenes, the existance of red tape, the theory of the founders, the trouble and complexity of the administration of justice and application of the rules; the reality of how citizens choose to respond and to what; and the fact of the all to often existance of the illogical occurances of individual action that CONFLICT with the rules; I taught him freedom within the boundries of good concience--all the way through. And all it took was paying attention.

Yet I am characterized as 'Attention Deficit'--funny that.

I hope you are so lucky ma'am

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2007, 11:03 pm

en_una_isla, I love this thread, and I LOVE the fact that your son calls his sisters "operatives". That is one of my favorite stories ever!

I love that my son went to the movie The Pursuit of Happyness tonight with my husband and I, and was so sensitive to the angst and tension in the movie that he said that it was more like The Pursuit of Sadness! ! !

Kris

Chrisesmom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jan 2007, 2:52 am

I love that my son can not lie. He is 22 yrs old and the other day he asked me what if you say something and then find out later it was not true, is it a lie? He seems to be obsessed with honesty. I love it, he will tell you the truth even if you wish he would lie, he just does not have it in him.

Spider_Baby
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jan 2007, 7:05 am

My son shares my sarcastic and bizarre sense of humor. The other day a woman out in public was bothering him, asking him a bunch of questions like people do to little kids and finally to her query as to his name he told her it was "h-i-j-k."
But he can also be very sincere; I love that he celebrates by saying "yaaaaay!" when he accomplishes some little thing.

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2007, 1:58 pm

My son is also obsessed with honesty and justice, I love that too.

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2007, 2:13 pm

I love it that my 6 year old teaches ME new things everyday. He is so smart and I couldn't be prouder of him. so many things are so hard on him so I always enjoy the happy times. I like the way he has taught his younger 3 year old brother all about dinosaurs. He is a very sweet little boy and I love it when he wants to give me "tight hugs" because that is the only kind he can tolerate :)

ster
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2007, 6:57 pm

i love when my son answers the telemarketer's phone calls. he knows we don't want to talk, so he first tells them that....if they don't respond, then he just interrupts them with random phrases like: cheese!....there are pickles in the toilet...liverwurst is my friend

nina
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2007, 10:46 pm

His total acceptance of everyone, the way he wants to help me do everything like I'm helpless, and when he draws me hearts in the steam on the bathroom mirror because he can't tell me he loves me with words.

aspiesmom1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2007, 3:07 pm

How somehow between 10 and 12 he went from being a little boy to a young man who concerns himself with others first - how he's somehow come out of himself and into the world, happily, joyfully, for us.

And mostly, for the night he came into the living room not so long ago and announced to his dad and I that he was a man. Finally getting up the courage, I asked him what led him to this conclusion. He promptly popped off his tshirt and pointed out the 3 little baby hairs under his armpit! A time I'll never forget :D

Prescott
Raven
Raven

06 Jan 2007, 1:02 am

He just turned 4. He uses "shall" instead of will. Each and every time. "I shall eat lunch now." "Lunch is over. I shall play with my trains." "I'm done playing with trains, I shall go and watch TV." It's so dramatic when he says it, like some mini Winston Churchill or something.

EmmaMom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2007, 8:55 am

strong sense of right and wrong
love of animals
need to rescue bugs..yes we catch small spiders in a cup and let then go outside..rather than my old approach just to smash those suckers!
all she teaches me.. from school classes, from all the Animal Planet shows
her great skill in making puns and then we way she winks at me to make sure I get it

pooftis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2007, 5:05 pm

I love how curious he is, his odd way of looking at things (for instance he confided in me that the reason Santa brings kids presents is because god asked him to for Jesus birthday… this is cuter because we are Jewish and do not take him to church, so he thought that up all on his own) and I love how polite and quiet he is, and how he rips the corners (just the corners) off his grilled cheese sandwiches.

hexel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2007, 6:17 pm

I love the movie dialog game :) My son will say a line from one of his favorite movies and expects to hear the next line of dialog back... Him: "You expect me to chase a phantom virus for just one Scooby snack? I don't think so!" Me: "Would you do it for two Scooby snacks????" He does this with all kinds of movies, so I have to pay attention :)