Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Oct 2021, 9:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:

Would you love to have a low functioning autistic child ?

I'm diagnosed Level 2 and ADHD so I guess I'm low functioning compared to others.

I don't think I ruined my parents' lives.

I've also been a single mum to my Autistic and ADHD / Gifted daughter since she was six months old.
She's almost 25 now and still lives with me full time like a sister / best friend.

She also has a permanent disability from a physical illness. Oh, and Epilepsy.

And PTSD.

And MDD / Agoraphobia.

She's a chef and she has published books.

It's all good.

Itendswithmexx wrote:
Oppositional conduct disorder child would be so difficult.

I fostered / adopted a boy with ODD, ADHD and learning disabilities when he was 3. His parents were addicts so he was a drug baby too. He's grown up and thriving, making tons of money and living independently since he was 18. He's travelled the world on his own and he lives on another continent now, earning a fortune. He's doing great, thanks, and he's the happiest most successful / talented / self-sufficient young man I know.

Yes there were some rough times when he was young, but I don't regret a minute of it.

Incidentally no, I didn't have the luxury to homeschool either of my kids. I worked full time as an Autistic ADHD single mother from the time they were babies. One child with ASD / ADHD, one with ODD / ADHD.

I made it work.

They both turned out to be incredible people.

Itendswithmexx wrote:

Doubt many girls get diagnosed with add. Lengthily process to get diagnosed.

My daughter and I are both diagnosed combined-type ADHD (meaning ADD & ADHD).
Our assessments took about 20 hours each, but yes girls can have ADHD.

Itendswithmexx wrote:

Why would you want your child to struggle? Is it sadism?does it make you feel superior?

I don't want my children to struggle. That's why I was a dedicated parent, and I'm sure Ettina will be one too.

(It doesn't make me or anyone else superior. It makes us good parents.)

Why would her father sue her? You don’t hear that often.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Oct 2021, 9:16 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:

Would you love to have a low functioning autistic child ?

I'm diagnosed Level 2 and ADHD so I guess I'm low functioning compared to others.

I don't think I ruined my parents' lives.

I've also been a single mum to my Autistic and ADHD / Gifted daughter since she was six months old.
She's almost 25 now and still lives with me full time like a sister / best friend.

She also has a permanent disability from a physical illness. Oh, and Epilepsy.

And PTSD.

And MDD / Agoraphobia.

She's a chef and she has published books.

It's all good.

Itendswithmexx wrote:
Oppositional conduct disorder child would be so difficult.

I fostered / adopted a boy with ODD, ADHD and learning disabilities when he was 3. His parents were addicts so he was a drug baby too. He's grown up and thriving, making tons of money and living independently since he was 18. He's travelled the world on his own and he lives on another continent now, earning a fortune. He's doing great, thanks, and he's the happiest most successful / talented / self-sufficient young man I know.

Yes there were some rough times when he was young, but I don't regret a minute of it.

Incidentally no, I didn't have the luxury to homeschool either of my kids. I worked full time as an Autistic ADHD single mother from the time they were babies. One child with ASD / ADHD, one with ODD / ADHD.

I made it work.

They both turned out to be incredible people.

Itendswithmexx wrote:

Doubt many girls get diagnosed with add. Lengthily process to get diagnosed.

My daughter and I are both diagnosed combined-type ADHD (meaning ADD & ADHD).
Our assessments took about 20 hours each, but yes girls can have ADHD.

Itendswithmexx wrote:

Why would you want your child to struggle? Is it sadism?does it make you feel superior?

I don't want my children to struggle. That's why I was a dedicated parent, and I'm sure Ettina will be one too.

(It doesn't make me or anyone else superior. It makes us good parents.)

But aren’t you a parent to her as soon as she comes out of you why after 6 months? Is she your own child? Or adopted?

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Oct 2021, 9:18 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
She has Lupus Nephritis.

Her immune system is attacking her joints and her organs, particularly her kidneys.

It can't be cured and it's considered a permanent physical disability.

Her dad sued her anyway.

Does that mean it’s eating her is it life threatening? That’s horrible she goes through so much!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 9:39 pm

Itendswithmexx wrote:

But aren’t you a parent to her as soon as she comes out of you why after 6 months? Is she your own child? Or adopted?

Yes she's my biological child from birth. I said that I've been a single mother to her since she was six months old, because that's when her dad left. From birth to six months I wasn't single.

No I'm not the father's property. We've been split for almost 25 years and haven't spoken in person since he left.

We were only married for one year.

Lupus can spread to the brain and the heart.

I'm sorry but I'm not comfortable giving more of the kids' life stories, for the sake of their privacy.

I just wanted to chime in and say I've loved parenting even though my children had developmental / physical challenges.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Oct 2021, 11:33 am

! Cornflake wrote:
Itendswithmexx is no longer a member of WP.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 11:36 am

Merci, Cornflake!

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Oct 2021, 11:44 am

Ah, mon plaisir.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 8:00 pm

Danke, Cornflake.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

31 Oct 2021, 8:17 am

Gern geschehen!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 12:03 am

I didn't want babies. I also didn't want to use a condom.

DuckHairback wrote:
I was a reluctant father right up until the moment the doctor put my daughter into my hands, at which point I experienced a change in feelings of my own. Suddenly I understood that I loved this thing more than anything else in the world, more than myself, and that I had to protect it at all costs.

Sometimes I wonder why that didn't happen to me. When the doctor put the baby in my arms I felt only confusion.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 1:47 am

Itendswithmexx wrote:
Did you get your genetics tested?

I want kids because I want to be deacon possibly and a elder for sure in the church of Christ and I want Jesus to decide how many kids i have not birth control and I am Quiverfull.I also just always pictured myself as a husband father and a family man and its something I always wanted and I still want it.However I currently dont have kids because I am saving myself for marriage and I am a virgin.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 4:23 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:

I want kids because I want to be deacon possibly and a elder for sure in the church of Christ and I want Jesus to decide how many kids i have not birth control and I am Quiverfull.I also just always pictured myself as a husband father and a family man and its something I always wanted and I still want it.However I currently dont have kids because I am saving myself for marriage and I am a virgin.

How many kids do you need to have if you are Quiverfull?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 4:27 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Itendswithmexx wrote:

How many kids do you need to have if you are Quiverfull?

There's no set number of kids its more a state of mind and a condition of the heart.You just need to be willing to accept any number of kids that God blesses you with and you are Quiverfull if you are church of Christ or Protestant and also not use the pill.But you need at least 2 kids to be church of Christ deacon or elder.