Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

equinn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 4:07 pm

My son will be seeing a psychologist, private, and the school would like me to fill out a Disclosure Form with doctor's name. The way I understand it, this give the school team permission to converse back and forth with pscyhologist concerning my son. But, how much is kept confidential on the part of the pscyhologist?

I don't want to sign this form until I know all the specifics. The principal said I can give whatever information I want to Psychologist. But, I thought a private psychologist was suppose to be just that, independent. I don't want the two talking, team and psychologist, without me present or aware of what's being disclosed and in what manner.

This is crucial because we are right now considering a new placement for my son.

Any immediate help would be greatly appreciated!

equinn

ster
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 4:43 pm

i would talk to the psychologist about your concerns....not really sure what else to teel you

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 9:23 pm

surely there is no rush.

If after a few appointments you think there is something that would help by the school being told, then you can give consent at that time.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 10:24 pm

Unless you find some point where you feel it's necessary, don't. You make the decisions, it's your right. Definitely discuss this with the therapist too.