Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

mysonnick
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Nov 2005, 7:23 pm

My son has had this aide for 2 years and she is wonderful. She has even bought him things for his birthday and Christmas anything special to him. Now we are moving away :cry: and she bought him a journal. He loves it and I just think she is a sweetheart. I would like to get something for her to remember us by. Anyone have ideas? Thanks

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2005, 7:47 pm

Your guess is as good as mine.

You could always go with the failsafe and get her an apple :D

Did you get my PM?

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2005, 8:15 pm

Hmmmm....

I love gift giving. Lets brainstorm....

Do you have a picture of the two of them? Maybe a double frame with the picture in one side and a note from your son in the other.

A tee shirt with his hand prints on them and the words "you are the best aide hands down!" printed on it. You could put his name down on the bottom in smaller print so its there but she could wear the shirt around others. This works with a sweat shirt for colder climates.

A heartfelt note from you will always be remembered. Always.

A note to her supervisor explaining why she is an exception aide would be good but she might never see it.

I'm really looking forward to see what others say!

BeeBee

ster
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2005, 7:24 am

how about gift certificates to...a book store, a local restaurant, the movies, a store ???
speaking on behalf of teachers and aides, although we love our students, we receive so many $#1Teacher ornaments, macaroni frames, and totebags to choke a horse. receiving something that an aide or teacher can use outside of the classroom to rest and rejuvenate is a very valued item.

venom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2005, 8:14 am

whatever you decide to buy for her, it might be nice to have your son write a goodbye note as well.

momofanspie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Nov 2005, 10:27 am

I have done:

Gift certifcate from blockbuster with all the trimmings (candy, popcorn) a nite at the movies
Movie tickets (gift cert.) with enough to buy (candy,popcorn)
Spa certficate for a back massage or facial
also manicures/pedicures
gift baskets (edibles and/or bath spa supplies, stationary supplies)
One teacher loved the stationary supplies (thank cards, stationary, stamps) and she was able to give them out without costing her anything for the year.
Teacher-aides I gave them a para book on ASD (only because she was so interested on how to help my son and others on the spectrum)
They were all attached with a note from my son and a card from us telling them how appreciated we were.