It have to share some good news

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jennyfoo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2008, 8:43 pm

We signed the petition for adoption papers for our 9 month old baby yesterday! We will sign court docs next Fri, then it's a 2-3 week wait to get before the judge for finalization. We will be so glad to have this all behind us.

This was a very complicated foster/adopt. We went into it, being told that it was low-risk(meaning tht it was very unlikely we would lose him). When he was 4 months old, it jumped to high-risk overnight because the birth-mom decided to finally come forward and name the alleged birth-father. He is a registered member of one of the American Indian Nations which meant the Indian Child Welfare Act came into play. All it would have taken was the alleged father to come forward for paternity testing and we would most likely have lost him. He denied parentage and refused to test despite a court order. We are not in the clear until it is finalized. If B-dad chose to finally come forward and test, we'd get screwed still.

Jordan, although only 9 months old is still having some problems:some very autistic-like traits. He is ultra rigid to his routine- to the point that if he's put in his crib with his feet toward the window instead of his head, he will stand up and scream bloody murder until you lay him down "right." I discovered this a few weeks ago after hubby had put him to bed and he kept screaming. He always went down so easy for me as long as I followed the routine: bottle, binky, burp cloth to cuddle(his chosen comfort item), and in crib with blinds and curtains closed and his musical seahorse turned on. If you stray from any of the routine, he will not go down. Eve if he just ate a solid meal, we still have to give him a few ouces of formula before bed. Oh, and we discovered after I had spinal surgery and was pretty-much confined to bed except for meals and bathroom, that he will not drink his bottle anywhere but in the recliner in the living room, where he is normally fed. He would not lie in bed with me and let me feed him. ACK!

Who knows what we're in store for with this special, adorable little boy, but we would walk through fire for him to remain a part of our family.

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 8:49 pm

Your little guy is freaking adorable! Best wishes for the coming years. 8)

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 8:58 pm

cute

ster
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 2:17 pm

LOVE the ducky!

mom2bax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Aug 2008, 1:50 am

aww he's so adorable, i wish you all the best and hope everything turns out all right.
thanks for sharing your good news, and your cutie pie.