"I'm BORED!! ! What am I going to do???"

Page 5 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 10:12 pm

I'm sorry, your right. Is that what you want to hear? You sound like an adult throwing a tantrum because you can't always get your way, so does Jimbeaux. Perhaps you should try to consider that.

As far as the comment about lazy parenting is considered. Should I be ashamed in bringing up that being a parent requires more than an ability to punish one's child? It also involves being there for your child. Jimbeaux says while he doesn't take away the DS or other comfort items from his son, he allows her mother to do it. He's not enough of a man to defend his son from his wife?

27 Dec 2008, 11:46 pm

Did you even read the OP all the way through? He said this in his first sentence.

Quote:
My girlfriend's son Billy is an Aspie, and I was wondering if this was an Asperger's train.

They're not married. Do you also remember they don't live with him? They come over.
It is not his child so he can't tell his girlfriend how to raise her son. Do you expect him to come over to his girlfriend's house and tell her to give back her son's DS? If she did that at his house, he has no right to tell her no because it's her son, not his. But he does have a right to tell him what to do at his house because his house, his rules, his personal stuff, his rules so he can decide how long Billy can use it.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 5:57 am

Last edited by Ana54 on 28 Dec 2008, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 5:57 am

Jimbeaux, are you too lazy to, instead of punish him, just think and talk positive, like "I want to get you that toy... I'll get it for you, don't worry." Even if you can't and therefore won't. "I want to get you that toy so I'll get it for you" in this instance means you wish you could get it for him and you'll get it for him later. Just continue to talk positive to him through his tantrums. Or are you too lazy for that and will therefore opt for the easy way out... punish him to silence him?

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2008, 8:30 am

violet_yoshi wrote:
As far as the comment about lazy parenting is considered. Should I be ashamed in bringing up that being a parent requires more than an ability to punish one's child? It also involves being there for your child. Jimbeaux says while he doesn't take away the DS or other comfort items from his son, he allows her mother to do it. He's not enough of a man to defend his son from his wife?

You don't even read the posts. She is my GIRLFRIEND!! ! Billy is NOT MY SON!! !

How on EARTH did you get that all I ever do is PUNISH HIM?!?!? Punishment is an EXTREMELY small part of my job in my current role in Billy's life! A role that is limited since he is NOT MY SON YET!! ! I hope someday that he will be if I win his mom's hand, but right now, my role is limited.

And I have no problem with his mom taking away his DS for an hour or so when he is extremely bad. In the five months I've known him, I think she has done this twice, and each time for an hour.

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2008, 8:34 am

violet_yoshi wrote:
I thought personal attacks weren't allowed on Wrongplanet. Better get the mods over here.

Go ahead! Get the mods and kick me off the site. One less resource for me to try and be a good step-dad for my girlfriend's son! All because Violet Yoshi's ego was bruised when someone gave back what she has been giving insult-wise, and also pointed out that she lives in a fantasy land being a burden on someone else, and expects every other parent to allow their AS children to be lifelong burdens to them. How selfish!

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2008, 8:36 am

violet_yoshi wrote:
I hope your son sees this, at least then he can have the perspective that your cruelty is not limited only to him.

Thanks, we needed that laugh!! !
:lol:

Get over yourself!! !

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2008, 8:40 am

Ana54 wrote:
Jimbeaux, are you too lazy to, instead of punish him, just think and talk positive, like "I want to get you that toy... I'll get it for you, don't worry." Even if you can't and therefore won't. "I want to get you that toy so I'll get it for you" in this instance means you wish you could get it for him and you'll get it for him later. Just continue to talk positive to him through his tantrums. Or are you too lazy for that and will therefore opt for the easy way out... punish him to silence him?

So when he is older and has a job, and his boss fires him because he refused to do some work, how will he handle it?
When he is older and a teacher fails him because he didn't study, how will he handle it?
When he asks a girl out and she laughs in his face, how will he handle it?

EVERY act of punishment is accompanied with an explanation. In life, we have to deal with negative experiences. I'd rather he get used to them now.

Besides, I know a number of parents who employ the "positive only" approach. Their kids never turn out well.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 11:19 am

So, let the cruel people teach him that it's a cruel world. And you teach him that it's also a nice world.

All cruel people seem to say that they're cruel to teach people how to deal with people like them. When they can just stop being cruel.

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2008, 12:00 pm

Ana54 wrote:
So, let the cruel people teach him that it's a cruel world. And you teach him that it's also a nice world.

All cruel people seem to say that they're cruel to teach people how to deal with people like them. When they can just stop being cruel.

Not getting what you want is part of life. People being negative (which isn't always "cruel") is just part of human nature. That is an undeniable fact. It will stop when humans are extinct. And being negative isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes the situation calls for it.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 3:19 pm

Jimbeaux wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:
I thought personal attacks weren't allowed on Wrongplanet. Better get the mods over here.

Go ahead! Get the mods and kick me off the site. One less resource for me to try and be a good step-dad for my girlfriend's son! All because Violet Yoshi's ego was bruised when someone gave back what she has been giving insult-wise, and also pointed out that she lives in a fantasy land being a burden on someone else, and expects every other parent to allow their AS children to be lifelong burdens to them. How selfish!

So you're saying then you won't search for more resources to help your son. This was it, and because you didn't get your "It's okay little baby, it'll be alright", you're now on a crusade against Ana and me?

Oh I see so your the step-dad, sorry if I missed that. So this clearly must be a matter of "He's not my child, I didn't create him. So I'm going to be resentful and lord over him, and give little consideration to his needs as an Aspie." Your lack of degree of real concern for him has shown up in your claim of "I came here to help him. You were mean to me! I don't like you! I'm not trying anymore!"

Here's to hoping his mother has the sense to kick you to the curb.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 3:20 pm

Jimbeaux wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:
I hope your son sees this, at least then he can have the perspective that your cruelty is not limited only to him.

Thanks, we needed that laugh!! !
:lol:

Get over yourself!! !

"We" needed that laugh? Your son thinks it's amusing that his prospects in life, are being slowly drained away each and every day you tell him all his accomplishments and insights, that don't obey your rules and are meaningless?

Last edited by violet_yoshi on 28 Dec 2008, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 3:23 pm

Jimbeaux wrote:
Ana54 wrote:

Not getting what you want is part of life. People being negative (which isn't always "cruel") is just part of human nature. That is an undeniable fact. It will stop when humans are extinct. And being negative isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes the situation calls for it.

More excuses, and more justifications. Clearly a person who is too narcissistic to ever consider that he might be doing something wrong.

For someone who came here complaining his son was "playing martyr", I have yet to see you stop droning on about how much you struggle, you sacrifice, and how nobody could ever understand the suffering you go through.

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2008, 3:26 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:
More excuses, and more justifications. Clearly a person who is too narcissistic to ever consider that he might be doing something wrong.

No one except you and Ana have said I am doing anything wrong, and considering the source with you, it is a badge of honor, given how out of touch with reality you are! Go back to being a burden on your family and let those of us who actually have to deal with reality do so.

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2008, 3:28 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:
"We" needed that laugh? Your son thinks it's amusing that his prospects in life, are being slowly drained away each and every day you tell him all his accomplishments and insights, that don't obey your rules and are meaningless?

Prospects in life are being drained away? HAHAHAHAHAHA!! ! Considering that YOU have no prospects in life except to be a burden on your family and society, you are HARDLY in a position to pontificate on the subject!

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2008, 3:36 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:
Jimbeaux wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:

So you're saying then you won't search for more resources to help your son. This was it, and because you didn't get your "It's okay little baby, it'll be alright", you're now on a crusade against Ana and me?

Oh I see so your the step-dad, sorry if I missed that. So this clearly must be a matter of "He's not my child, I didn't create him. So I'm going to be resentful and lord over him, and give little consideration to his needs as an Aspie." Your lack of degree of real concern for him has shown up in your claim of "I came here to help him. You were mean to me! I don't like you! I'm not trying anymore!"

Here's to hoping his mother has the sense to kick you to the curb.

Wow! You REALLY don't read the posts, yet have no problem prattling on and on in ignorance.

I write: "One less resource". You read "Not search for any more resources".

You insult me over and over and over again, and I finally give it back, and in your mind, I am on a crusade. Classic victim / entitlement mentality, and quite pathetic.

Clearly a matter of not my child: Again, you are reading into something I didn't write and making it the subject of your attack.

Kick me to the curb? Far from it! If I acted towards him like you demand, THEN she would kick me to the curb because I obviously would be sacrificing long term development for short term harmony.

Here's to hoping that your family has the sense to make you get out there and work for a living instead of allowing you to be a useless burden on them and someone has nothing better to do than to come onto the internet and spout their idiotic views on life based in some twisted fantasy world. Then when people point out how idiotic their prattling is has a temper tantrum like a 2 year old.

Grow the hell up!! ! You disgust me.