Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Lucymac
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2009, 12:04 am

Just wondering who are these famous, celebrity people with AS? Is it true Bill Gates has AS, Abraham Lincoln, Emily Dickinson or are these just educated guestimates???

Xinae
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jan 2009, 1:15 am

I've only heard speculation that Gates is autstic in some way. I don't think he's ever said weather he is or isn't. As far as the rest, I would have to say too that it's mere speculation.

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2009, 7:48 am

From what I've read, Gates and Lincoln no. Dickinson, maybe.

ster
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 8:09 am

not sure, but i just read that John Travolta's son might have been autistic

t0
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 11:34 am

Lucymac wrote:
Just wondering who are these famous, celebrity people with AS? Is it true Bill Gates has AS, Abraham Lincoln, Emily Dickinson or are these just educated guestimates???

I'll give you a hint: Abraham Lincoln and Emily Dickinson died before Hans Asperger was alive.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 12:40 pm

I wasn't sure he was until I saw his appearance on the Daily Show, for the
Windows Vista, he had very aspie like reactions to Jon Stewart's questions.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 2:24 pm

Most in the AS communities consider it a given that Bill Gates is AS. I don't think he has ever been public about it, but the grapevine (I know, just saying) suggests he had admitted it to AS employees at Microsoft. It's still guesswork, but when there is this much smoke, the fire is practically certain.

Anyone born in a prior generation that cannot be observed today is pure guesswork. But I vote for Edison having being AS, given that he quit school in 6th or 7th grade because a teacher thought he was "daft," and went straight off into inventing.

katrine
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 3:05 pm

Totally agree with DW

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 3:31 pm

Yes, he does. No offense, but you have to be an idiot to not see that.

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2009, 5:26 pm

gramirez wrote:
Yes, he does. No offense, but you have to be an idiot to not see that.

Well pardon my "idiocy", but what leads you to believe so?

All the information I can find on him is people in the press "diagnosing" him with AS, but nothing concrete as to why, at least nothing that I've seen in people I known who are NOT on the spectrum.

So please, by all means, explain.

03 Jan 2009, 5:35 pm

Don't worry, I have never seen it in him either so I must be an "idiot" too. :wink:

I have only read about him having it. I have never seen him on TV or in person so I wouldn't know. Or read about his symptoms. I think I did one time but I don't remember what they were. Someone once wrote an article undiagnosing him and Jefferson and Einstein and wrote his reasons why they can't possibly have it.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 11:30 pm

My A-dar or Aspie radar says its a definite Bill Gates has Aspergers. If you watch him in interviews he acts like one of us. I've also heard he is into rituals and his assistants have to tend to him as if he were a child.

Emily Dickinson seems to have schizo tendancies or some other personality disorder but not AS. Lincoln doesn't come across as AS more like just the typical old prune male of his time.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 2:10 am

It looks like Bill gates IS!

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 6:26 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qNVe024RvI[/youtube]

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 10:21 am

Ticker wrote:
My A-dar or Aspie radar says its a definite Bill Gates has Aspergers. If you watch him in interviews he acts like one of us. I've also heard he is into rituals and his assistants have to tend to him as if he were a child.

Emily Dickinson seems to have schizo tendancies or some other personality disorder but not AS. Lincoln doesn't come across as AS more like just the typical old prune male of his time.

His assistants have to tend to him HOW? My father never mentioned THAT, so I doubt it is true. I DOUBT warren buffet is going to be tending to him as if he were a child. That said, Bill Gates acts the SAME way playing card games, and AS WAS mentioned! ALSO, when I looked at wikipedia, it described how he reacted in a situation, and I, earlier, would have reacted the EXACT same way. When I thought he DIDN'T think that way was, in fact, one of the reasons I earlier said he DIDN'T have AS. Another thing, pirates of silicon valley spoke of how he drove and acted when the company started. It DOES fit an autistic profile, and they didn't even cover ANY of this.

Last I heard, Marfan syndrome is about the only syndrome that Lincoln supposedly had. I don't know about emily dickinson in that regard.

t0
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 11:36 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Most in the AS communities consider it a given that Bill Gates is AS. I don't think he has ever been public about it, but the grapevine (I know, just saying) suggests he had admitted it to AS employees at Microsoft.

This is not true. I am a former MS employee. There were no memos about Bill having AS/autism or how to treat him or anything like that.

I'm sure Bill has plenty of assistants on the road, but when I saw him at my "new employee dinner" or at the MSN/Win95/Office95 launch or the other "pep-talks" he gave the team before that, he came by himself without handlers.