Did a video game once made you cry?

Page 5 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jul 2011, 2:28 am

another one i have to add to the list is my first map in minecraft, it wasn't because i died and lost diamonds or anything. when i first downloaded minecraft i did no research on the game so i had no idea how it worked or what i was suppose to do. i also had no idea there was a spawn point for your character and that you would respawn there every time you died, so i walked around just looking at stuff. after i found out how to make stuff after several hours of walking around, i found a moutian i liked and built my first house, back then i played on peaceful and only wanted to build things.

after several months of mining and gathering hundreds of items in almost every type, i started to build a large structure based off my apartment complex in my story. i burned alot of my resources building this thing from the ground up, back then i didn't know programs like invedit and mapping programs existed. so i built this thing in alpha 1.2_01, and i had yet to make a compass. the structure and my house where 100% ligit and took months to farm the mats and build.

the complex was actually smaller then it should have been, because of the height limit and not knowing about building up from the bedrock. anyway one day after putting countless hours of work into this structure i was climbing the left pillar and fell. i died on impact, i didn't think much of it until i hit respawn, at that point i learned about the spawn point. i looked around but couldn't see anything even that tall structure was nowhere in sight. at first i was in shock and i thought my heart had stopped for a second. after that i started walking around aimlessly i forgotten what the place i spawned in even looked like or the path i took. so i ran around in a panic as everything i came across started looking like the last 100 other things i already went past 100 times already. after wandering around for what felt like hours, the only thing that gave me comfort is i read somewhere that everything you build is saved even if you are a long ways from it.

knowing my house was out there somewhere pushed me to not give up, after wandering around for all that time i started to pray for the first time in years, then i remembered my house was on the ocean so i followed the shoreline and as i was coming around a corner i saw a large square shape pointing up, at first i thought no way that can't be it, i came across other mountains that from a distance looked like my structure many times. so once i got close enough to see it really was my structure, i ran to it as a fast as my minecraft dude could.

and yes i cried for a long damn time.

after a few more months after making a path back to my spawn to pervent getting lost and i wasted no time building a compass. a few months later i made another map to play the game with monsters. during this time i found cartographer, and got curious and decided to generate my first map just to see what it looked like, it was 65 mbs. after a while cartographer finished rendering the map, and looked at it, the pic was huge and i could not see my home and that huge structure i built. i zoomed in on the image and found the trail of torches i set up between my spawn and my home, i wondered how i did what i did after seeing how much distance was between my spawn and my home.\

i still say it was nothing short of a miracle that i got back to my home unaided, i didn't even know about f3. and when i made my trail it took a long damn time to finish it.

and when i got back to my home i didn't care about the items i lost when i died, i was just happy to even see it again.

flem0328
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Oct 2011, 10:22 pm

I have two games that brought me to tears

1. I'm on the Aeris bandwagon for FF7, The boss battle that follows her death is so depressing because the song that plays when she dies plays through the fight and it's like a mix of anger and sadness.

2. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days where you have to kill Roxas' best friend Xion, the music that plays though out the fight plus the fact that you have to hack your best friend to bits is enough to bring you to tears.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 11:39 am

I've cried a couple of times but not because of dramatic scenes in the game. It was because I was so upset and frustrated.

In Runescape attempting to and failing to kill Jad brings on panic attacks and sometimes tears. It's not even worth it to try again. It's too upsetting and stressful. It also triggers my "paroxysmal superventricular tachycardia" if I even have that. I once went to a free clinic and they thought I had that and wanted me to go to a hospital for more tests. Since I didn't know where to go and what to do to get the tests and probably would have had to pay for them I never went.

Also in Runescape I once tried to kill tormented demons. Due to my poor reflexes and bad prayer switching skills I had to leave with it half killed. Later someone else must have finished it off because in my Adventurer's log it said I got dragon claws as a drop which I wasn't there to pick up. There were worth over 30 million at the time. I actually got off, locked myself in my room, and cried for a while after that. I didn't even want to play the game any more.

XxUnforgivenxX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Oct 2011, 4:44 am

Yes,Final Fantasy 8,Lost Odyssey,Mass effect 1&2,Dragon age 1&2 all did at points not only tears either a whole lot of different emotions especially with ME & DA,when it comes to evocative emotions in video games i think Bioware really are the best closely followed by Square-Enix.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 5:07 am

I did at the end of Fallout when I noticed that Dogmeat wasn't following me anymore...

Also, I got a bit choked-up when Abigail sees Marston for the last time in Red Dead Redemption.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

09 Oct 2011, 3:55 pm

I cried while playing FF3 (Or FF6 to some people) when Celes committed suicide when she jumped off the cliff. Something about hopelessness really gets me...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok6qjPj7O3g[/youtube]

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 11:20 pm

I'm not too emotional when it comes to the stories behind games (or any media for that matter) but I felt tears of joy when I saw the new Normandy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy1E4eX484o[/youtube]

It was a long wait between Mass Effect and it's sequel.

Erebus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Oct 2011, 1:41 pm

When I was able to cry when I was younger, the only game to make me cry was Harvest Moon 64 when my cows kept dying (I couldn't figure out why they were dying and I genuinely felt sorry for them), but I was a fairly young child when I played that.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2011, 11:35 pm

Most recently, the ending of Infamous 2 made me teary-eyed. :cry:

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 6:43 pm

I almost cried during the mother scene in Dragon Age 2 and at the ending of Gears of War 3. Can't think of any more moments ATM.

Siegfried432
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Oct 2011, 10:35 pm

well i have to say one game that really made me cry was Final fantasy VII when they kill off Aeris, another one would have to be Final fantasy X when you find out that Tidus or whatever you named him is just a dream of the Fayth, or when Trish gets stabbed in DMC and when Vergil ... when i think you get the point but yea video games have made me cry before. but i still love em to death

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 3:17 am

I was seriously pissed when Eli was killed by a Combine Adviser at the end of Half-Life 2: Episode 2, but didn't really feel like crying. Now, when I had to sacrifice Kaidan on Virmire; that was hard on me. I didn't realize I liked him so much as a character until he was gone. For that whole scene in the briefing room right after the mission, I was wiping tears out of my eyes. So, yes, having to sacrifice Kaidan in Mass Effect did make me cry.

Spearghost
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2018, 3:30 pm

I did cry because of Pokemon mystery dungeon blue rescue team near the end of the game

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2018, 4:48 pm

I've never actually cried playing a video game but there are some games that made me feel very sad.

Silent Hill 2 was overall a depressing game. I felt so bad for the characters like James, Angela, Eddie, and Mary because I could feel what each one was going through and I understood what caused James, Eddie, and Angela to snap.

Silent Hill 3 was also a sad game especially the scene when Heather found her father murdered in their apartment. I also thought Claudia was a very sympathetic villain because she truly believed that she was doing the right thing but she also felt remorse for what she did to Heather.

Lone Survivor was a sad game once I realized what was actually going on in the end.

The Yakuza games have some sad moments whenever a likable character gets killed.

In Way of the Samurai 4 when I sided with the British Foreigners and failed to protect Laura in the end I felt very sad for her because she was just a kid and especially when I learned that the samurai may not have been able to avenge her death because "the answer was lost to time".

Fatal Frame 3 was also a sad game and I could relate to Rei because I felt depressed and isolated when I once lost somebody I cared about too (my best friend who passed away from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy).

So many sad games. :cry:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 11:17 pm

sErgEantaEgis wrote:
Did A Video Game Once Made You Cry?
No.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 1:36 am

I cried playing To The Moon. It's to date my favourite narrative based game. It's a mix of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Paprika and Inception and the entire story is just really touching and something that personally resonated with me, for reasons that are probably pretty obvious to anyone who has played the game.

I also cried on multiple occasions whilst playing Clannad. Particularly with the interactions with Tomoya when he's trying to reconnect with his son.

The Walking Dead Season 1's finale also made me cry. The ending is pretty blatantly foreshadowed, but it's still affecting.

Also The Last of Us in the intro and ending. It had some stellar acting from both the motion capture and voice actors; that and the animators really sold the moment.