Page 218 of 230 [ 3448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 230  Next

Skilpadde
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Jan 2019, 9:18 pm

Currently alternating between Bomberman Tournament and AC New Leaf, just started up a new town.

http://turtleforum.freeforums.org/index.php

Wolves - second only to turtles <3

ON A BREAK!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 9:36 pm

Chrome browser. I'm typing into it right now.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 2:37 am

Spent lots of time last night doing SRV mining in Elite Dangerous. Found a planet with lots of high grade metals and i have finally been able to drive in full speed between the ore nodes, despite controls being crap when using keys instead of an analogue controller (flightstick).

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 11:35 am

Nist498 wrote:
Yeah Factorio is a micro manager's wet dream come true. There's so much from a logistical perspective to deal with and the game gives you all of the tools you need to meet those extreme demands. It also has multiplayer which makes the game even more fun.

Aye, so I've heard.

I cant imagine doing multiplayer myself though. Here's everyone else being all organized, and then here's me just doing whatever and making a horrible tangled mess that only makes sense to me and nobody else...

Unless of course it's a group where EVERYONE is disorganized, and then that must get outright hilarious.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 3:58 pm

Misery wrote:
Unless of course it's a group where EVERYONE is disorganized, and then that must get outright hilarious.

That sounds like my job in real life.

SAL9000
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2019, 4:10 pm

Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition (1998). It reminds me of simpler times...

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 4:58 pm

The World Ends With You.

Maybe I'll actually make some progress. If only the pin evolution system wasn't so terribly complicated. >.<

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 9:51 pm

I am playing Wargroove, a game I'd been looking forward to for some time. It is exactly what I wanted. It's similar to Intelligent System's tactical games from the Wars and Fire Emblem series, balanced and fun, with the ability to support short or long form matches. It doesn't just take what made their good, but makes them better by implementing the sort of features that the community has been using in unofficial versions of their games for years.

It bears the hallmark of a Western PC developer, by being not terrible on PC - as much as I love Japanese developed games, they're goddamn awful at PC games. That, and it contains tons of modern additions. That means things like arbitrary resolution support and aspect ratios without acting like supporting more than one resolution in 2019 is some big deal, online and local hotseat multiplayer, competitive and cooperative play, custom map editors, custom campaign editors community uploaded content browsable within game, asynchronous multiplayer with Steam integration to allow notifications. And since it's on Nintendo Switch and Xbox One too, crossplay with those platforms, where I assume it has the same robust features.

I was disappointed when Intelligent Systems stopped making Wars games in favor of Fire Emblem, and then they started making the series really weird with anime waifu petting sequences and extraneous RPG elements like making all your soldiers marry each other. I wanted Tiny Metal to be good when that came out last year purporting to be the sort of game this turned out to be, but that was a train wreck. I'm just glad that this turned out to not only be good, but that it is surpassing my expectations right out of the gate.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2019, 6:52 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
I am playing Wargroove, a game I'd been looking forward to for some time. It is exactly what I wanted. It's similar to Intelligent System's tactical games from the Wars and Fire Emblem series, balanced and fun, with the ability to support short or long form matches. It doesn't just take what made their good, but makes them better by implementing the sort of features that the community has been using in unofficial versions of their games for years.

It bears the hallmark of a Western PC developer, by being not terrible on PC - as much as I love Japanese developed games, they're goddamn awful at PC games. That, and it contains tons of modern additions. That means things like arbitrary resolution support and aspect ratios without acting like supporting more than one resolution in 2019 is some big deal, online and local hotseat multiplayer, competitive and cooperative play, custom map editors, custom campaign editors community uploaded content browsable within game, asynchronous multiplayer with Steam integration to allow notifications. And since it's on Nintendo Switch and Xbox One too, crossplay with those platforms, where I assume it has the same robust features.

I was disappointed when Intelligent Systems stopped making Wars games in favor of Fire Emblem, and then they started making the series really weird with anime waifu petting sequences and extraneous RPG elements like making all your soldiers marry each other. I wanted Tiny Metal to be good when that came out last year purporting to be the sort of game this turned out to be, but that was a train wreck. I'm just glad that this turned out to not only be good, but that it is surpassing my expectations right out of the gate.

Ugh, yes, I remember when the Wars games were swapped out for Fire Emblem. I loved the Wars games. I loathed Fire Emblem. Still do, always will. Bleh.

I'd considered getting Wargroove myself, but after so much exposure to the indie scene, my tastes in strategy games has changed dramatically. Heck, even as nice as the Wars games were, I probably wouldnt go back to them now.

But they still left quite the legacy and it's nice to see someone continuing it even if I'm not going to bother with it.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 2:57 pm

A bit of everything!

Yakuza: Ichin
Yakuza Kiwami 1
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Smash Bros Ultimate
Langrisser for mobile

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 8:41 pm

The World Ends With You. My progress is very slow, which is saying something, since I usually take a long time to play through games.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2019, 11:44 pm

Witcher 3. Game is so much more fun with mods.

Your neurodiverse score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 51 of 200

officially diagnosed with Asperger's as of 09/11/15

Reassessed 04/11/16
DSM-V: ASD level 2 with Social Communication Severity: level 2, Restrictive Repetitve Behaviour: level 2

ADOS-2 classification: Autism

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 12:55 pm

About to start level 29 of Doom II Good Morning Phobos in UV continuous. Only 940 monsters in this map... :roll:

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 4:42 pm

Done with Resi 2 (2019) for a while. Sub 2 on each scenario.
Over the 50% completionist mark for Yakuza Kiwami.
GF just bought the Nathan Drake collection - she's playing that, but I'll maybe try it this weekend. I played the first 3 more or less when they came out and not really since then.

Skilpadde
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Feb 2019, 4:45 pm

still ACNL. I'm busy going to the island and fetching bugs so I can pay Tom Nook and expand my house! :lol:

http://turtleforum.freeforums.org/index.php

Wolves - second only to turtles <3

ON A BREAK!