Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

xX0Xx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2020, 7:24 pm

Has anyone played these games? What are your thoughts on them? I remember how much I loved the original games for the Playstation. I wonder these games compare?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2020, 11:17 am

loved re2 remake but resident evil 3 remake was a huge letdown.

I mean what the hell were capcom thinking cutting out so much content from the original re3??????

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 1:26 pm

xX0Xx wrote:
Has anyone played these games? What are your thoughts on them? I remember how much I loved the original games for the Playstation. I wonder these games compare?

I also loved the original Playstation ones. I played the RE 1 remake on GameCube years ago and enjoyed it. The story and content wasn't a one-to-one clone of the original but it was still interesting. I also recently got the RE 2 remake on PC, but it's quite challenging (similar to playing original RE 2 on 'normal' difficulty, you run out of ammo quicker, etc.). The RE 2 remake is also very different from the original, and the aesthetic seems more modern rather than something from the 1990s. The graphics are phenomenal and are more movie-esque. I also started playing RE 7 a few years ago, which is good. I like that RE 7 has more of a survival-horror style like the originals; RE 4 to RE 6 were more like tactical shooter games. One of these days I will finish the RE 2 remake and RE 7.

RPG enthusiast
Has OCD, social anxiety, CPTSD

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 1:27 pm

Jamesy wrote:
loved re2 remake but resident evil 3 remake was a huge letdown.

I mean what the hell were capcom thinking cutting out so much content from the original re3??????

That's disappointing :(

RPG enthusiast
Has OCD, social anxiety, CPTSD

Veilmenacex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jan 2021, 12:25 am

Re3 remake was so short

They cut out a lot of parts to it and nemesis wasn’t as scary

Re2 remake was great mr. X and William birkin bought their A game.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 12:12 pm

Veilmenacex wrote:
Re3 remake was so short

They cut out a lot of parts to it and nemesis wasn’t as scary

Re2 remake was great mr. X and William birkin bought their A game.

Nemesis is the most badass villain/stalker in resident evil yet they completely ruined in the remake.

WHY CAPCOM I ask?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 11:02 am

Played the originals to death back in 98, 99. some serious nostalgia right there.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 1:31 am

Well, the RE2 remake was a great idea. The RE3 remake was clearly just thrown together because the previous game did so well, but there wasn't nearly as much time or thought put into it. It's one of my favourite games in the series too, so...I guess there's no replacing the original. To make matters worse, Capcom is just going to use poor sales to justify continuing to not include Jill in the series, and I personally prefer her to Chris.

Blacker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Mar 2021, 12:00 am

Theres also that one RE where you play through that museum place, as a different character on seperate playthroughs. Leon was in it. Forgot what it's called but it was on 360. Old but fun.

Add me on facebook!
^likes the misfits

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2021, 2:13 am

I've been playing R3make at the moment and have been really enjoying it. I'm playing as Carlos in the hospital atm. But I never played the original, and apparently it is a let down to old-school fans. Lots of cut content (no clock tower) and Nemesis is lame. I never played the original RE3 but I have to say that Nemesis is really easy to deal with and not scary. Only time I had trouble was one boss fight that I thought was poorly designed where you needed to save your mine rounds, but I ended up using all of them before that part of the fight began.

The game looks and runs great on my machine, and the sound is amazing (except for a weak sounding assault rifle). It plays well and the game has genuinely spooked me on several occasions. Especially in the RPD station. Oh, and in a weird coincidence the game ended up featuring an environment very similar to one I saw in a dream. The river and bridge where you exit the underground as Jill, fyi.

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2021, 3:58 pm

MidnightRose wrote:
I've been playing R3make at the moment and have been really enjoying it. I'm playing as Carlos in the hospital atm. But I never played the original, and apparently it is a let down to old-school fans. Lots of cut content (no clock tower) and Nemesis is lame. I never played the original RE3 but I have to say that Nemesis is really easy to deal with and not scary. Only time I had trouble was one boss fight that I thought was poorly designed where you needed to save your mine rounds, but I ended up using all of them before that part of the fight began.

I agree. The original RE3 paced his appearances better and at key moments. In this one, he was ... well ... significantly more uninteresting. In the previous game, he pumped up the fear by acting more like a thinking, predatory monster antagonist, killing Carlos, shooting down the helicopter etc.

In this one, he seems to lack his original character from the first RE3, being more of a slightly inconvenient obstacle rather than a credible threat. Seriously, character assassination, that's how view this version of him/it.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 10:10 pm

I played the demo of 2 and liked it a bit. I wasn't expecting it to be so different from the original game, I thought it was going to be more like the RE1 remake.

...and then I played that game and realized it's quite different from the original, as well =)

JakeCorn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2021, 9:45 am

very interesting last part! I really liked it !

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 5:04 pm

After finishing resident evil village I can’t say I particularly liked it.

It’s nowhere near as good as the RE2 remake

charkie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2021, 12:34 am

Jamesy wrote:
After finishing resident evil village I can’t say I particularly liked it.

It’s nowhere near as good as the RE2 remake

It was better than RE7 but yeah. RE2 was a very meticulously designed game, it felt like every element had a purpose and everything was executed on perfectly, whereas RE8 is a confused mess with iffy execution.