Page 3 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2021, 12:15 pm

I used to play Doom an awful lot in my teens. I actually preferred making wads to playing it a lot of the time and I'd lug my 486 PC over to a mate's house and we'd play one-on-one deathmatch over a serial link. It was awesome.

What else? The early Command & Conquer games were big favourites. The Discworld point and click adventures. Interstate 76. Duke Nukem 3D felt like a massive step up from Doom (and included a map builder with the game) but then you realised it was still fake 3D. I had to buy a Pentium to run Quake and finally we had real 3D. Ooh, and I got a 3DFX card to play Hexen II. Heady times.

I stopped playing games almost completely in my 20s and didn't play anything much until Minecraft caught my attention. That's still pretty much iall I play on PC.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 8:31 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
Quake, Doom, Blood

I really don't appreciate stories in games much, I'd rather watch a film for story. And I don't know why highly stylized ultra violent fps is the only subgenre of game I ever enjoyed, I am a peaceful person.

If you like those games, you should give Dusk a try.

Thanks for the recommendation. I kinda stopped playing games in my 20s, though, and only recently picked it up again because I started working with VR, and consider playing VR-games as research for work.... Btw.: VR games aren't great yet. The controls are just too awkward for a gaming experience. Even in very good ones, like the latest Half-life, the game mechanics of running, shooting and reloading are just... Meh.

Christopher123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jun 2021, 8:36 am

Dota 2

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 1:20 am

zzzsmokeyzzz wrote:
My son wanted me to ask everyone. He says he loves Minecraft :heart: the most.

The Game of Life from the 90's.

ct507
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jun 2021, 7:39 pm

Dragon's Dogma. A flawed but fun game. No idea why griffins are so rare.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2021, 8:27 pm

Nearing a total of 600 games on Steam, it's hard for me to narrow down a favorite out of all. I can do favorite by series, genre, developer, publisher, year of release, etc., but not by out of all.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 7:23 pm

Unreal Tournament... back in the day. lol

Evan103
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Aug 2021, 12:53 pm

I like the game CS: GO. To play it, I even bought a powerful laptop and a fast computer mouse SteelSeries Sensei Ten. I'm probably a real fan of this game!

SandWitch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2021, 5:58 am

I mean it's on most platforms now, but not when I first began playing the franchise; it was on exclusively on PC:

Civilization

Nierly
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Aug 2021, 9:29 am

Final Fantasy XIV! It's one of the only games I play on PC, or well the only game I play in general besides some switch and ps4 stuff. But now a days it's all I play.

I love the sense of community, and talking is way easier in game cause I don't have to read body language. There's so such thing as eye contact or facial expressions. Plus I can make my character look however I want, so it's sorta my second life.

Hm thinking about it, I do play Genshin Impact sometimes and The Sims. Other then that it's all Final Fantasy!

"In your darkest hour, in the blackest night... think of me, and I will be with you. Always. For where else could I go? Who else could I love but you?"

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 1:51 pm

Nierly wrote:
Hm thinking about it, I do play Genshin Impact sometimes...

I played that for about a day, but haven't come back to it yet. It's kind of like Breath of the Wild, but doesn't quite scratch the same itches.
But it's pretty dang decent for being a free game.

LiverpoolAspergian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Sep 2021, 3:32 am

I like Pascal's Wager, Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption and Hatred. Also, classic games such as Hexen 2 and Quake. Lastly, rare gems such as Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. A lot of modern games tend to copy each other in an attempt to appeal to the widest audience possible. This is why I shy away from any new releases.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 10:48 pm

Minecraft but if I had to go for a favourite game franchise it would be Resident Evil or Grand Theft Auto.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 6:24 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
Minecraft but if I had to go for a favourite game franchise it would be Resident Evil or Grand Theft Auto.

My favourite genre of games are sandbox, survival, and simulation games. I love Anno, Sims, and games like those as well.

Relax_on_Standby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2021, 4:15 am

Tales of berseria...

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 5:16 am

Thelonelyroamer wrote:
Myst.

Ohhh. This is an old one but good one! I spent so many hours on puzzles in this game!

Nierly wrote:
Final Fantasy XIV! It's one of the only games I play on PC, or well the only game I play in general besides some switch and ps4 stuff. But now a days it's all I play.

I came here to post this!! It is the only game I have been playing lately. :)