Page 238 of 275 [ 4398 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241 ... 275  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 12:51 pm

I might play some rFactor later. I've got the old Interlagos track with updated facilities and it's a really fun track. I don't like the new layout as much. The new track layout is in red on top of the old layout:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 7:11 pm

Trying a little bit of Fallout 3 again. I played through it a while ago, finishing the main story and I loved it. But I just can't seem to stay interested long enough to go through all the side stuff and DLC.

I've such bothersome crap going on I don't have much time or interest in gaming anyway.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 7:26 pm

Kerch wrote:
Trying a little bit of Fallout 3 again. I played through it a while ago, finishing the main story and I loved it. But I just can't seem to stay interested long enough to go through all the side stuff and DLC.

I've such bothersome crap going on I don't have much time or interest in gaming anyway.

I was playing The Outer Worlds and I enjoyed a bit and I decided to give the Fallout series a try starting with 3. Imagine, months after I install a program to disable Windows Live so I could play it, they update the game to get rid of Windows Live completely. Where was this years ago?

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 8:25 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Skyward Sword.

Nice. The original, or the Switch port?

I'm still working on Oracle of Ages...I'd probably get to play it more if I didn't insist on playing it on the TV.
I could just play it on the old GBC, but I'd rather play it on the GBA (backlit SP)...I just have no idea where my charger went...

Aspiegaming wrote:
I was playing The Outer Worlds and I enjoyed a bit and I decided to give the Fallout series a try starting with 3.

...but Obsidian had nothing to do with Fallout 3 :|
Why not start with the first Fallout? (they also made FO2, and New Vegas)

Wasteland was a really good game, too, but not a lot of gamers these days can tolerate old EGA DOS games. There's a graphical upgrade or two, but I've heard mixed reviews. I'm fine with the original, which actually had really cool animations for NPC interactions and battles.

I remember visiting this guy quite often... ¬_¬

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 9:14 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
I was playing The Outer Worlds and I enjoyed a bit and I decided to give the Fallout series a try starting with 3.

...but Obsidian had nothing to do with Fallout 3 :|
Why not start with the first Fallout? (they also made FO2, and New Vegas)

I'm trying out different First Person Shooters outside the usual stuff from Doom to Half-Life. RPG elements kept things interesting. Fallout 3 started the FPS Fallout games and my brother has all except 76.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 9:04 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
I'm trying out different First Person Shooters outside the usual stuff from Doom to Half-Life. RPG elements kept things interesting. Fallout 3 started the FPS Fallout games and my brother has all except 76.

Oh, I thought you were looking for more Obsidian games to play (the devs who made The Outer Worlds).

Have you played any of the STALKER games? They're also FPS games with RPG elements.
Deus Ex, too.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 12:40 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

Oh, I thought you were looking for more Obsidian games to play (the devs who made The Outer Worlds).

Have you played any of the STALKER games? They're also FPS games with RPG elements.
Deus Ex, too.

I have the Deus Ex collection as well as a fanmade revision of the first game. As for the STALKER series, I don't want anything that leans too heavily on Survival horror or relaistic combat that relies heavily on hide and shoot.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 1:05 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Nice. The original, or the Switch port?

The original.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 2:49 pm

Just finished the first two episodes (maps 1-11) of TNT: Evilution and Plutonia, from Final Doom, with UV pistol starts. Some very tricky stuff here, quite a few of the levels have no armour in them. Some of the Plutonia maps are not ideal for pistol starts at all, a couple of them have the only armour right at the end - what's that all about?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 10:03 pm

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, the standalone free copy from Epic Games. Surprised how nice it looks despite being from 2012. Cell shaded graphics age really well.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 6:01 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
The original.

Nice. I just beat it on Hero Mode a month or so ago, having not played it since it came out.
There are a couple parts that drag, but otherwise, it's just as fun as I remember. Wished they would've kept the Motion+ controls (optionally, of course) for BotW...you can see on the back of the box, it says it supports Wiimote + nunchuck, but it doesn't.

Playing it in HD would be nice; it's one of those weird "forced widescreen" Wii games, so it doesn't really look great on a CRT or an HDTV.
But from the videos I've seen, the HD version doesn't have that "shimmery" paint effect anymore.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 11:20 am

Noca wrote:
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, the standalone free copy from Epic Games. Surprised how nice it looks despite being from 2012. Cell shaded graphics age really well.

I bought the Steam version because they deserve my money.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 12:17 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Noca wrote:

Gearbox doesn't deserve my money. I paid them extra money for the supposed more expensive version with the "season pass" for borderlands 3 but no, they simply went and created yet ANOTHER season pass on top of the one they sold me for content I already paid for.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 12:48 pm

Noca wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
Noca wrote:

Gearbox doesn't deserve my money. I paid them extra money for the supposed more expensive version with the "season pass" for borderlands 3 but no, they simply went and created yet ANOTHER season pass on top of the one they sold me for content I already paid for.

Borderlands 3 was kind of a mess, I admit.

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 3:44 pm

Steam doesn't deserve s**t.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 4:31 pm

Kerch wrote:
Steam doesn't deserve s**t.

I've been a Steam user for years and I've had little to no trouble with it. Why does everyone get all toxic and tribally defensive when I show no interest using a service outside of Steam? At least with Steam, I can get refunds for games I don't like, I can chat with friends, I know where the community is, I can join discussions, make reviews, write guides, download workshop content, search deep into the store's catalog, etc.

Epic, last time I tried it, offered none of that. I'm just too familiar with Steam to try anything different because with Steam, I know where everything is when I need it.

If a game comes out on Epic first and then Steam a year later. I'll wait for the Steam release because:
1. I've got limited space on this computer.
2. I've got limited money to spend.
3. I'm not buying two copies for two launchers on one computer.

All that doesn't make me toxic. It makes others toxic because I gave my reasons and they refused to hear me out. I lost a few Steam friends because they wouldn't honor my reasonable decisions. Good riddance to them.

They give so much praise to Epic, yet I find them still using Steam from time to time. I guess Epic still doesn't have everything compared to Steam.