Page 239 of 275 [ 4398 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242 ... 275  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 9:14 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Epic, last time I tried it, offered none of that. I'm just too familiar with Steam to try anything different because with Steam, I know where everything is when I need it.

I don't know about Epic, but I really like GoG, everything is DRM-free (even though I kind of hate their gigantic installers and the fact that their ISO files are hidden and not the original commercial discs).

Steam has already dropped support for Windows XP a few years ago, which means that without hacks and workarounds (or flat out piracy), a lot of games are no longer playable, and even more are unable to be played with hardware specific support, like EAX.

I still use Steam though, I mean we all knew the day was coming, we just hoped that it wouldn't. (and it would've been nice to get a warning maybe???)

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 10:09 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
Epic, last time I tried it, offered none of that. I'm just too familiar with Steam to try anything different because with Steam, I know where everything is when I need it.

I don't know about Epic, but I really like GoG, everything is DRM-free (even though I kind of hate their gigantic installers and the fact that their ISO files are hidden and not the original commercial discs).

Steam has already dropped support for Windows XP a few years ago, which means that without hacks and workarounds (or flat out piracy), a lot of games are no longer playable, and even more are unable to be played with hardware specific support, like EAX.

I still use Steam though, I mean we all knew the day was coming, we just hoped that it wouldn't. (and it would've been nice to get a warning maybe???)

I haven't used Windows XP since my parents bought me my own handmedown PC. At that time, Microsoft support ending for XP was around a year or two away so I got screwed until I got the PC I'm using now with 8.1. Now I'm just a little over a year away before I have to get a newer PC with Windows 10. I'm probably not going to keep it updated though because of an update bug that erases your profile data and makes you use a guest profile. It already happened on 8.1 so I stopped updating it. I don't know which security update has the bug so I turned off updates to be safe after using a restore point to get my login profile back.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 1:48 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Nice. I just beat it on Hero Mode a month or so ago, having not played it since it came out.
There are a couple parts that drag, but otherwise, it's just as fun as I remember. Wished they would've kept the Motion+ controls (optionally, of course) for BotW...you can see on the back of the box, it says it supports Wiimote + nunchuck, but it doesn't.

Playing it in HD would be nice; it's one of those weird "forced widescreen" Wii games, so it doesn't really look great on a CRT or an HDTV.
But from the videos I've seen, the HD version doesn't have that "shimmery" paint effect anymore.

I'm finishing a play through that I started months ago, and this is the first time that I think I've gone through the whole game (I just unlocked the dungeon to get the Triforce, so I think I'm close to being done with it).

The HD version looks really nice. I'd really like to play it and the HD version of Twilight Princess. I also was bummed when BotW had no option for motion controls, one of my favourite parts of Skyward Sword is the controls.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2021, 11:06 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
The HD version looks really nice. I'd really like to play it and the HD version of Twilight Princess.

I was kind of underwhelmed by TPHD, although I wasn't a huge fan of the original (GameCube) game. It was a different company than the ones who did Wind Waker, and they didn't really add anything to the game.
Also I had a lot of control issues that I don't remember having with the original. But maybe that's just me?

Also sad that I played it (and half of WWHD) after the MiiVerse was ended =(
I think TP was mostly just stamps, but in WW, you could pick up message bottles on the shore, and a lot of people put Picto Box photos in them, so it was way easier to collect figurines.

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I also was bummed when BotW had no option for motion controls, one of my favourite parts of Skyward Sword is the controls.

Yeah, I know a lot of people didn't like the Motion+ controls, but I thought they were awesome. Especially being able to toss and roll bombs, there were so many spots in BotW where I just wanted to go bomb bowling.
I didn't like the waggle controls in TP, they just hurt my wrist, and they didn't offer any other options (aside from purchasing the GC version).
TPHD has a few options, I can't remember if it has the waggle controls, but I know the "mirror mode" from Wii is available, as Hero Mode I think?

hold_sway
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Dec 2021, 10:36 am

Red Dead Redemption 2 (for a second time).

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 4:25 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I was kind of underwhelmed by TPHD, although I wasn't a huge fan of the original (GameCube) game...
...Also I had a lot of control issues that I don't remember having with the original. But maybe that's just me?

That's interesting. I was wondering what the controls were like, and if they were better or worse. I only played the Wii version, so I can't really compare TPHD to the original even if I played it.

Quote:
Also sad that I played it (and half of WWHD) after the MiiVerse was ended =(
I think TP was mostly just stamps, but in WW, you could pick up message bottles on the shore, and a lot of people put Picto Box photos in them, so it was way easier to collect figurines.

I'm also bummed that I haven't played either of those games before MiiVerse was shut down. I was watching Game Grumps play TPHD and realized a lot of the things that were added are just stamps, like you said, so they're basically useless now...

Quote:
Yeah, I know a lot of people didn't like the Motion+ controls, but I thought they were awesome. Especially being able to toss and roll bombs, there were so many spots in BotW where I just wanted to go bomb bowling.
I didn't like the waggle controls in TP, they just hurt my wrist, and they didn't offer any other options (aside from purchasing the GC version)...

I find using a lot of the items in SS really hard, but actual combat is so fun with those motion controls. Twilight Princess was fun, too, though using any of the hidden skills Link learns that require the shield is atrocious (at least in my opinion). :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 6:48 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
That's interesting. I was wondering what the controls were like, and if they were better or worse. I only played the Wii version, so I can't really compare TPHD to the original even if I played it.

They're about the same as Wind Waker's controls. There's optional gyro controls for things like bow aiming, but I usually keep it turned off (I think?).
The only significant improvement they made to TPHD is a button on the touch screen that lets you fast transform. But I played most of the game using the Pro Controller.

The main control issue I was having was with the joystick, especially when in wolf form or when riding Epona, a lot of times the stick orientation wouldn't adjust itself to the camera, so I'd be going in the completely wrong direction...but like I said, maybe that was also an issue in the GC version and I just don't remember...but I'd think I would remember something as irritating as that?

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I'm also bummed that I haven't played either of those games before MiiVerse was shut down. I was watching Game Grumps play TPHD and realized a lot of the things that were added are just stamps, like you said, so they're basically useless now...

I know I say this all the time, but MiiVerse in general was just one of the coolest things Nintendo ever did, I loved it. It was awesome being able to share crappy drawings with random strangers, and see all the cool (and crappy) stuff other people drew.

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I find using a lot of the items in SS really hard, but actual combat is so fun with those motion controls.

Which items?
I only really have issues with the beetle...for some reason, they made it really tricky to get it to fly straight, it always wants to go right or left...not an issue with the Skyloft, so I don't know what makes the beetle so special.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:41 pm

Have now completed maps 1-20 of both Final Doom games, Plutonia and TNT, from UV pistol starts, though I haven't maxed them all. Also did the secret levels: used a weapons carryover from Plutonia level 31 to level 32. It didn't make much difference, as Plutonia MAP32 has a huge store of armaments at the start and throughout the level. The real challenge on that map would be to complete it without saves, though with 13 Cyberdemons and 19 Archviles, that's easier said than done...

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 9:29 pm

Serious Sam Fusion, a combined collection of Serious Sam HD games and Serious Sam 3, with Steam workshop mods installed.

Mods include:
Difficulty balance so that even Serious Difficulty is less brutal and more tough but fair.
Ammo capacity double and ammo pickups quadruple.
An Arcade Mode so I can play with lives and collect treasures in single player.
Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal music replacement for all three games.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

DRR345
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Dec 2021, 4:29 pm

I decided to play Shantae and the Seven Sirens

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 8:55 am

Bloodborne

"Good hunter, have you seen the thread of light? Just a hair, a fleeting thing, yet I clung to it, steeped as I was in the stench of blood and beasts. I never wanted to know, what it really was. Really, I didn't."

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 2:34 pm

I beat The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages a couple weeks ago, and I've been working through Oracle of Seasons, and I definitely remembered correctly that this game is the better of the two. WAY better.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 8:41 pm

The Witcher 2, played the Witcher 3 so figured why not give that a try. And so far I like it a lot, just good thing its been made compatible for xbox one x, as I would not have bought an xbox 360 just to play one game.

Lol I am bad at playing video games in order.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 9:12 pm

I'm playing '1000 Lines 2 Community Project', a Doom 2 megawad. Very good stuff indeed so far (I've completed 22 levels on UV difficulty). However, MAP20 was a bit ridiculous, as you can see in this YouTube clip, where legendary Doom mapper Adam Windsor struggles to survive in the closing stages (14:20 onwards), and only does so by cheating (17:55 'degreelessness mode on'). He's only playing on HMP difficulty by the way. I finished the map legitimately, after making about 30 attempts at the final section.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 7:40 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Lol I am bad at playing video games in order.

Most people have never (and will never) played the first two games, it's not just you.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 1:35 am

Somebody converted High Speed Ring from Gran Turismo to rFactor.

It turns out the stock cars that come with rFactor run very competitively with my touring cars and GT cars on High Speed Ring; after a bit of tweaking the stock cars now run within a few tenths of the other two categories. The stock cars are noticeably slower on most other road courses.

This might be a good place to try an extended, intramural race. Every 30 minutes would represent 103-104 km covered, so a two hour race should end up covering 400 km, factoring stops for fuel and tires.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う