Page 246 of 276 [ 4403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249 ... 276  Next

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 8:36 pm

longshot wrote:
Age Of Empires 2: Definitive Edition

Have you played Age of Empires IV?

I might wait until I get a new computer (in a couple of months or so) before buying the new game myself.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 9:03 pm

arekks wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Initial Unity. It's been awhile since I did any touge racing.

I spent way too long going "guh? Touge? Is that French?" before realising you were saying 峠

Yeah, the sort of cat-and-mouse racing on winding, mountain pass roads, along customs established by Japanese street racers of the 70s and 80s. Initial Unity is based on the comic that introduced much of the world to that type of racing.

But now I'm playing rFactor and I'm doing a race at Talladega. Well, in a few minutes... if anyone sees me posting after this, please redirect me towards my imaginary race car because I've clearly gotten lost.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

diogoeichert
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jul 2022, 1:22 am

I’m currently playing Amaurote (MSX).

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 6:17 am

A Doom 2 wad called 'Scattered Ashes' by an interesting mapper called Lorenzo. Very tricky in parts, as you can see from the difficulties this player has with MAP02 in the YouTube video below:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 12:51 pm

DeepHour wrote:
A Doom 2 wad called 'Scattered Ashes' by an interesting mapper called Lorenzo.

Have you seen this yet?

It is insane.

The real action starts around the 8 minute mark, if you want to skip him explaining the exploit.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 8:13 am

^ Would probably be more interesting to me if I could understand more than about 1% of it. I really just want to punch pink demons on the nose using the Berserk pack.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 4:29 pm

Doom 2: Heroes' Tales

This is a megawad from the Russian Doom community. They have a reputation for producing some fiendishly difficult stuff, but this seems to be an earlier example, and is pretty traditional. MAP11, which I've just finished, is a minor masterpiece.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 12:50 pm

I started to play my new game, Red Dead Redemption 2 yesterday and so far I love it :) It's most definitely one of the best games I ever played. And when I get bored with this game after some time, I play Frostpunk and Monopoly Madness for a change :)

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 10:41 am

Mega Man Arcade games on Capcom 2nd arcade stadium. It's about time they rereleased these.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 2:32 pm

I'm going to try to do that 150 km race at Mosport I planned on doing months ago, when that's over I'll do a second 300 km race with just the Class 1 cars (2000cc/turbo/awd).

Last I checked, I'm not very competitive at Mosport and never have been. On the other hand I'm in pretty solid positions in both series, so there's no pressure to place well. If I score points, awesome; if not, oh well, I'll still have a good lead on second place for the season.

I should be able to pair the next five races into double-headers in the same way: Mosport, Fundidora, Venezuela, Guapore (all 150 km in the PARRC, 300 km in the Endurance Cup) and then High Speed Ring for 300 and 420 km long season finales.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 12:23 pm

Someone just released a decent port of DOSBox for the 3DS, so I've been playing Duke Nukum Episode Two and Commander Keen Episode One a bit.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 12:41 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Someone just released a decent port of DOSBox for the 3DS, so I've been playing Duke Nukum Episode Two and Commander Keen Episode One a bit.

Commander Keen Episode One was the first PC game I ever played.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 9:45 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
Commander Keen Episode One was the first PC game I ever played.

I never got into those games, we were more into Wolf 3D and DOOM, and Duke Nukem 2, and RPGs.
I did play one of them for a while one weekend at my friend's house, I think it was probably the fourth one?
I'm starting to get frustrated with it already, some of these platforming bits are ridiculous. It sucks to work so hard to grab a teddy bear or something just to fall to your death immediately after. I don't think this is a game I will be able to 100% at all (I don't think they intended you to).

Not counting Apple ][ and Macintosh, and Atari 8-bit, my first PC game was probably when we got our IBM PC Jr. in 1997 (lol, yeah, it was a little outdated).
It came with a few games, so not sure what the first one might've been. We had Crossfire on cartridge, and I'm certain that I played a whole lot of King's Quest (1).
I don't remember what other games I might have played first, there were a lot of random BASIC games/programs.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 2:17 pm

I've finished Doom II - Heroes Tales (which was very patchy in quality) and am now embarked upon Whitemare, another Doom II megawad from Russia. Reputedly one or two levels of this are virtually impossible, one of them being MAP12, so we'll see....

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 9:30 am

I just beat Stray, the cat game on PlayStation. It had been a while that I managed to really finish a game.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 11:22 am

Age Of Empires 2: Definitive Edition