Page 247 of 275 [ 4398 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250 ... 275  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:33 pm

I just beat an interesting one called The Riftbreaker, a sort of hybrid RTS/Bullet Hell/Twin Stick Shooter that was surprisingly fun and engrossing once I got the hang of the controls. Building up a fortified base and then defending it from alien hordes trying to rip it down was tense and exciting, and the research system is constantly unlocking new toys for you to play with.

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Aug 2022, 9:25 pm

I've been playing the Gunvolt series and I coincidentally happened to start doing so just in time to jump on the third game right after. They're 2D platformers with an emphasis on score-attack-style gameplay where you play as a few different characters with different styles through the series. The main gimmick is that an idol will sing for you when you accrue a certain amount of score.

I'm not actually a big fan of these games overall. Luminous Avenger iX (just the first one, the second is awful) is great fun because the character you play as (Copen), while fairly basic, is fundamentally enjoyable to play: you ping-pong around the level and off of enemies, each "air dash" has limited range but the range is recovered by an angled bounce off of a surface, and each time you bounce off a surface you regain one unit of the resource that is used per air dash. You find the optimal route to bounce through the level without landing, it's a blast.

Through most of the first two games you play as Gunvolt and he sucks. His whole mechanic is that he has a gun that can put up to three tags out overall on to enemies, and then you hold a button to do damage that is proportionate to the number of tags you place. Getting simultaneous kills is how you score. Some enemies take more damage, so you'll perhaps put two tags on one and one tag on another to balance it out. That's basically it. There's a broken skill system that they neutered in the second game. The level design sucks. There's even a levelling and crafting system, and some of the equipment you craft is essential to gaining a high rank.

Gunvolt 3 is like a smart person took the ideas of the previous games and expanded on them. You play as a new character called Kirin, a ninja with a sword and sealing talismans. You tag enemies with talismans (basically like Gunvolt's gun) and you can do a homing dash attack that kills or damages any tagged enemies and teleports you across them sequentially; some enemies require just one tag and big enemies require more. You have one air jump but each dash attack resets that. The challenges of the game are to stay aerial (like Copen) and multi-kill enemies (like Gunvolt) at the same time. You also have a sword combo and a variety of special moves including, usefully, an upward sword attack that can be used in the air and which elevates you. You can also switch to playing as Gunvolt, who is more powerful in terms of damage output and has infinite air jumps, can also do the tag-homing-dash-attack with the same multi-kill scoring mechanic from prior games, but playing as him also uses a limited resource that you build by playing as Kirin. Oh yeah, and you can shoot at 45-degree angles, something that wasn't possible before. It's really thrilling to play and my favourite game of the year so far.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 9:33 am

Just started Episode 3 of Duke Nukum (1).

Sigi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Aug 2022, 1:43 pm

Elder scrolls online. First time trying an MMORPG but I just play alone.

I like it so far, I'm into the lore and all that.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 9:31 am

A ROM hack of Wolfenstein 3D for the SNES that uncensors the graphics and ups the texture resolution back to 64x64.
There are some quirks, but it's pretty cool so far.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 10:34 am

With the GTX 1060 installed into my new PC, I can finally play games that I couldn't on my old 8GB memory and potato CPU hardware PC.

Currently playing Serious Sam 4 so I can beat it for the first time.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 10:44 am

I'm going to do a 300 km race at Watkins Glen on the NASCAR version in rFactor later.

I need to remember that the Outer Loop exit is tighter on this version:

Instead of going into the boot you drive up the hill towards turn 10.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Agent_Elflord

31 Aug 2022, 1:02 am

I've had War Thunder open for almost an hour but I've been replying to posts here on WP :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 6:16 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
A ROM hack of Wolfenstein 3D for the SNES that uncensors the graphics and ups the texture resolution back to 64x64.
There are some quirks, but it's pretty cool so far.

Lol, I had to quit playing because I was starting to get motion sick =)

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 6:31 pm

.New Let's Play Projects: Bad Dream Coma (resumed from last year just to get the alternate bad endings where different monsters appear at the final chapter.) and Quake Remastered.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 6:51 pm

I'm gonna do a 400 km race on the 2 mile oval at Brooklyn, Michigan.

It's almost the same as Fontana except for the weather, tire wear should be reduced a little bit because the track won't be quite as warm. I've got a good setup so I should be able to qualify in the first 5 or 6 rows. Supposing I don't get wrecked out it should be a good points day.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 8:57 pm

I’m playing Breath of the Wild for the fourth time. I’m eagerly awaiting Breath of the Wild 2 which is coming out next year.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 12:07 pm

Qualified 2nd, finished 4th place. All and all a good points day.

I'm now the #13 car instead of the #37. :nerdy:

I'm not sure what's next on the schedule.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2022, 12:55 am

The last few days I plays ps4

Cuphead is so hard
Assassins creed Valhalla
Stardew valley
Lego marvel comic
Scott Pilgrim
Kingdom hearts
Minecraft

I feel like playing
Pokemon
Animal crossing

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 2:46 pm

I'm about halfway done reskinning the TC2000 mod for rFactor.

I've got an Apple Computers 307 inspired by the old Apple sponsored 935, a Martini Fiat (like the DTM Martini Alfa from the 90s), Perrier and City Chevrolet Cruzes (Talladega Nights and Days of Thunder liveries, respectively), Texaco and Labatt's Focii (Focuses?), both paying tribute to BTCC Ford Sierras and some more.

And now it's time to race at Chicagoland Speedway. I should qualify well so a victory is certainly possible today.

After the roundy-round I should make the next round on a rallycross inspired circuit (mixed tarmac and dirt, some jumps, etc).

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Sep 2022, 3:09 am

Beat Cop, Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion and Stardew Valley

I am waiting for colder weathers to start to play Celeste. I like to theme games and films by season.