Do you also build your own houses in The Sims?

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 1:09 pm

Who else does it, besides myself? :) :D

I play The Sims - one of my favorite games - for the last three years but it was quite recently when I started to get interested in the wonderful art of creating houses on my own :D So far, I have built only two and one of them is a fabulous vampire mansion - to furnish it, I used the objects from The Vampires game pack I got in a giveaway on Youtube some months ago :D . I'm VERY satisfied with the result :) It could be the count Dracula himself who could live in it :)

You can see my houses - the vampire mansion and the other one, as well as my two families also created by me in the Sims Gallery under my nickname of Nathicana84.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 6:49 am

Anyone else? :)

I have several expansion/game/stuff packs (half of those are the ones I got in various Youtube giveaways) and I used the objects from them to furnish my houses but I don't use any additional mods at all.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 8:39 am

I tend to build my own houses but keep them simple, only what I need for my current family. I prefer that to having to remodel pre-made houses to fit my number of Sims and particular things I want for any of them. I’m not usually very creative, I have one style that I use or modify for most of them.

The Sims was actually originally intended to be primarily for architectural design, with the Sims living in the houses to test their functionality, if I recall correctly. It’s fun to see how it’s evolved since then.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 1:32 pm

I just saw I won the last expansion pack for "The Sims" - the "High School Years" one, that got recently released - and when I finally put my hands on it, I will also get on with building more houses, using the new objects from the Build Mode :D It's already the 6th pack I ever got in Youtube giveaways :D

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 1:56 pm

Thats just about all I do in the sims 2-3. Build and furnish houses. I don't really like doing the micro-managing for sim needs, and the AI has always been horrible at it. But my houses look great, and my sims are well-dressed too :-)

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 2:02 pm

If your houses are in The Gallery, tell us then what your Origin ID is :D We could take a look at your houses :D I play just The Sims 4, I don't know the previous Sims games :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 3:34 pm

No, but I've made a bunch of people I've known in another game ages ago.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 3:14 am

I made myself in this game, too - my Sim alter ego looks exactly like me, even my mom, whom I showed her, admits this. She even wears the same clothes/jewellery/glasses as myself.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 2:05 pm

Most of what I do is live vicariously through my Sims. I “have no life,” so I make up lives instead :lol:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 6:47 am

Nothing wrong with that.

This is the basis for most literature.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2022, 5:54 am

I entered another "The Sims 4" challenge yesterday - and now I'm decorating and furnishing some empty shell of a Sim house - I would like to win an expansion pack for the game :D Or two game packs - If I won, I would choose the jungle one and that new one about the werewolves :)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2022, 3:57 pm

Cool, a Sims thread! :)

I play the Sims 2 and I love building houses. I have all the expansion packs.

I usually build houses that I've been in before, and even my own house I grew up in and the apartment I live in now.

I like building country cottages too, although I can never get it to look much like a cute old-fashioned cottage.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 3:23 pm

I decided to build also a house that looks like a spaceship (I saw similar houses built in The Sims on the net) and later, when I'm already done with it, another one, one that resembles the famous "hut on chicken legs" in which Baba Yaga lives, like in the stories I used to read when I was a young child :D And I will also create the Borg Queen character as well :D

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 7:13 pm

I have a confession to make. When it comes to making houses in The Sims, I am incredibly lazy. Personally, I'm the type of player who spends ages in create a sim and then builds a half-finished shed for them. :lol:

Granted, I could just use money cheats and then buy a nice house from the gallery or move into a pre-made slot, but I'm impatient and don't want to spend time searching for a good house - I want to get into the story aspect right away (creating friendships, rivalries, playing scenarios, trying to achieve goals such as solving crimes in the get to work expansion etc). Once I have a decent amount of money saved up and a good idea of the sim's personality, then I start slowly transforming the shed into an actual house.

I definitely have favourite characters, some of my houses are beautifully decorated - others are a field with the bare essentials scattered about carelessly.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2022, 7:34 am

I'm just pissed off that you can't get your Sims drunk in the Sims 2. I really wanted to get a Sim really drunk and see what he or she does.

Agent_Elflord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Aug 2022, 1:03 am

No, just because it seems complicated. I just download houses from the user creations community hub thingy.