My goal is to get my strategy game on iPad in 2 weeks

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2022, 10:29 pm

I am announcing this so someone can shame me if I am lazy. I am taking next week off of work so I can do this.

I currently have a casual strategy game that is available free for Mac (if you want it, PM me, but it has no tutorial at this time so it comes with that warning). This is a screenshot: Image (https://imgur.com/Ib57QgP)

It is inspired by the 1980s game "Strategic Conquest" and is called "People's Conquest."

In its current state, it works in that you can win and lose. The AI can beat you, but it is pretty stupid at this point in time. I am using the rest of the development time to improve the AI.

My plan is to port it to iPad next week. It is Mac only because I targeted for iOS. But, to port it I need to make some minor changes and test it on an iPad. I did not have an iPad until this week.

So, what I am going to do next week is open up some books I bought on how to get an app on iPad (and eventually iOS) and just power through. The process of learning new things like that is very stressful and I am not looking forward to it.

My goal is to sell about 10,000 copies. I think that is doable. That would recover the costs and allow me to upgrade the art for a version 2. Art is really expensive, so its hard to do much with the small budget I had.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 3:52 am

Pretty sure you could have run it in a simulator before buying the physical device.

Mac gaming is quite niche... I'd recommend porting it into a web-based game like FreeCiv is now. You can always wrap a web application into a mobile one.