Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

knowingtheautist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Aug 2022, 1:28 pm

Hello Fellow Autism Game Admirers!

Game talents can come out very strong and innovative for those on the spectrum, especially if you are high-functioning. Who says those on the spectrum are unable to level up in their imaginations WITHOUT LIMITS, WITHOUT BORDERS? Never get discouraged. Autism is not a disease, it's an opportunity to be a Creative Dude in the Gaming industry.

Here is a game created I developed for Android users called Immortal Mutant Pursuit:

I have developed the artistic backgrounds myself using a template, the game character, end-of-level jar, and TURN UP the volume...guess what - you will hear some charismatic music I created myself

During gameplay, swipe gently, find the jar, and strike the enemies from the side until you get the red key, and you will be able to open the jar.

The game can be downloaded here. There are 60 levels in the game with different themes for every 15 levels. Tell me how far you achieved and your experiences. Are you stuck at any level? I will give you tricks:

I was able to create the game with the attitude of become a CREATIVE DUDE like Charles Darwin and Bill Gates. I am sure you can do it and develop a similar game if you want to as well :)

I am an Aspie on the specturm and here is my game you can play and comment on:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_CA&gl=US

knowingtheautist

30 Sep 2022, 5:58 pm

Name of game:

Immortal Mutant Pursuit

- Available on Android

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 5:52 pm

I used to make games, I'll give it a go later hopefully

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 7:12 pm

I thought i was going to get a new phone but no.

Ill try installing it on my old phone

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2022, 3:41 am

It worked well on my old phone.

Its well made. The mechanic of swiping and then seeing the result is good.

The only negative is that it seemed too easy. I only played the first three levels so far.

Maybe if there was a slightly more difficult way to kill the enemies. Ie in Mario you have to be above them or you die, which is good gameplay.
Or maybe If you had only very few moves and the levels were shorter, but that is going toward angry birds style.

knowingtheautist

08 Oct 2022, 12:39 pm

Thank you Klanka for playing Immortal Mutant Pursuit!

Have you been able to pass the 3rd level?

Also, remember that for every 15 levels, the theme and background changes.

Some cool new things when the theme changes. 8)

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 1:02 pm

I played two more levels.

I didn't realize that you don't even have to collect all of the green things.
Its very easy but well made.

i have two questions if I may....
How long have you been coding?
How long did it take to make the game?

knowingtheautist

08 Oct 2022, 1:19 pm

Hi Klanka,

I coded for about 5 years and it took me about 6 months to make a game suitable. For Immortal Mutant Pursuit, it took me about 3 months.

I took a template, used the existing mechanics, but replaced the text in text boxes with my own.

- All the backgrounds and the tiles you see in the game from level one or ones I drew myself using an online photoshop editor

- I also drew my own player, the jar, and the red circle key you see on the left

- Finally, I positioned the tiles to design the levels and added all the background music for which I created myself using beepbox.co

- But the mechanics come from a template and so do the text boxes themselves and enemy cartoons. Those I did not change.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2022, 3:45 pm

thanks for answering those

I didnt notice your graphics being out of place or looking amateur so well done on that.

Your strategy game looks interesting, I tried making those but found the A.I. way too difficult. Then I got bogged down in the idea that if you add one new idea to a game, the whole game has to be re-balanced. I couldnt resist adding new ideas so that was a timesink as well.

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2022, 7:57 am

Congratulations on completing a game... Something I haven't done for several years now.

I made many remakes of 80s games for PC and Android in my time but unfortunately my concentration has deteriorated along with my skills and I haven't done any for years.

I'm glad I'm not the only ex/game maker here.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 8:59 am

caffeinekid wrote:
Congratulations on completing a game... Something I haven't done for several years now.

I made many remakes of 80s games for PC and Android in my time but unfortunately my concentration has deteriorated along with my skills and I haven't done any for years.

I used to look at your website a lot hi

Can't find it on Google now

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2022, 9:31 am

klanka wrote:
caffeinekid wrote:

I used to look at your website a lot hi

Can't find it on Google now

Nice to know someone here has played one or two of my games in the past. Thank you. When the retroremakes site went down several years ago so did all the sites it hosted like mine.

Archive org still has my PC stuff though: https://archive.org/search.php?query=cr ... Pointon%22

knowingtheautist

15 Oct 2022, 1:56 pm

Again, for those who cannot find Immortal Mutant Pursuit on Google, here it is:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_CA&gl=US

Good luck :)

The Mauve Factor

16 Oct 2022, 2:39 am

Wow, congratulations on completing something like this! As a very noobish gamedev myself, I feel that sticking out massive projects like these are a true endurance test and a giant accomplishment in their own right. I used to under-evaluate what goes into things like this due to past ignorance of the topic, but I'm pretty much impressed by anyone who can complete a game, almost entirely regardless of the gameplay itself (because that part is almost impossible to nail, and lord knows I can't even come close to making a semi-fun game yet!).

I'd love to check it out and give an honest review. If it's a platformer (it looks like it may be?) with potential controller-compatibility, this could definitely be in my wheelhouse. Thanks for sharing this, and I personally look forward to checking it out!

knowingtheautist

18 Oct 2022, 6:21 pm

Thank you very much the Mauve Factor,

Yes, it's a platformer :)

Let me know how far you got in the game

Cheers and level up!! !!

knowingtheautist

30 Nov 2022, 6:33 pm

Hello Wrong Planeteers,

Hope on to my Aspie Discovery rover!

Any help passing a certain level in Immortal Mutant Pursuit?

I will give you tips and tricks!