Page 251 of 275 [ 4399 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254 ... 275  Next

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 6:03 pm

Do sports count? Because I just finished playing golf. (No, not mini-golf, regular golf)

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 7:42 pm

So I took home hardware from a stalled project at work (I own it), it's the first system I've had that is capable of raytracing. So I played Quake 2 RTX all night. Silky smooth on this system, holds consistent 60fps with vsync.

Then saw 25th anniversary streams on YouTube when I woke up. Apparently it just turned 25, released December 1997. I got it as a birthday gift the summer of 1998.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 8:01 pm

Commander Keen 1, one of the first PC games I ever played.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 12:56 am

Dead by Daylight with my friend and their friend. It always turns into them making it their goal to try to keep me alive and get me to escape, and it's really funny. I die almost immediately all the time because we get matched up with higher level people when I play with them.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 3:44 am

Prey (2017). I bought it years ago but just got around to playing it (again). I actually played a pirated copy before but quit that playthrough when I realized that the game has a hidden background timer on some quests, and characters will die if you take too long wandering around the station. It was well worth the money but I'm a little creeped out so I kept today's session short. I don't think I was this cautious last time around.

Anyhow, Immersive Sim is by far my favorite genre so I'm having a great time soaking in the atmosphere. It's stuffed to the brim with System Shock references that I'm picking right up as I'm intimately familiar with the source material.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 3:06 pm

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

I have completed the game once already & I am going through on a second play-through to pick up some of the achievements that I missed the first time around (a lot of them, incidentally).

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 3:54 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

I have completed the game once already & I am going through on a second play-through to pick up some of the achievements that I missed the first time around (a lot of them, incidentally).

I like the final boss fight that you cheese with an EMP grenade. Major improvement over the last game.

You're supposed to be able to play Deus Ex games your way, your own playstyle.

Windows on a Mac
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Dec 2022, 4:07 pm

Sonic Frontiers. I’ve been having a whale of a time with it, mainly because of my love of exploration in games; I’m the type to spend hours searching through every nook and cranny.

I also have phases where I suddenly remember I have a Game Pass subscription and play through a random game on there. This time that game is Deathloop. I don’t remember being too interested in it when it first released but I have to say I’m enjoying it so far.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2022, 9:37 pm

Hmm at this point 3 different games.

Elden Ring-crazy deathly fantasy game...idk it takes place in a weird realm of death.

Pentiment-Idk it is interesting, not quite sure how to describe it.

High on Life-If you like shows like Rick and Morty and Solar Opposites, this is the first person shooter for you. In my case I don't really like first person shooters, but this one kind of makes a Parody out of the whole thing which I enjoy.

I bought elden ring but the other two are included with xbox game pass.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2022, 3:26 pm

I'm playing a really great indie game called Tunic, about a little fox on a quest. (Because of how the game handles information, the rest is spoilers!) It has a lot of puzzles in it!

MOONTRIPS
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Dec 2022, 10:16 pm

picked Harvest Moon Magical Melody back up

Gaara
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Dec 2022, 11:04 am

And I'm back on Skyrim... :mrgreen:

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2022, 5:18 am

Spoilers ahead!

Just finished my first playthrough of Prey (2017). It's certainly worthy of it's Immersive Sim predecessors. Easily hangs with System Shock series, though less body horror and less creepy. Perhaps not quite as big on ideas as Deus Ex, but definitely enough.

It is probably the most interactive game in the genre to date, and the nicest looking.

I didn't spoil my experience too much so I did what I thought was the good ending. I did the command shuttle escape and no Typhon mods (I thought those would prevent a "good ending"). In the ending scene all of the operator comments were positive, and my end stats showed human kills at 0 and 17 saved (I might have had 3 mind-controlled people walk into a fire off-screen, but that was entirely beyond my control as that fire was there before I visited that area). I'll need to check to see what the highest number is.

I was suspecting the simulation plot twist, but I wasn't expecting to see Earth consumed by aliens.

-------

According to a quick Google search, 21 seems to be the maximum people saved, I think it's definitely the 3 that walked into a fire themselves, and I think the 4th one is the one in quarantine early in the game. I came back to check quarantine later after killing a bunch of telepaths, but this person had vanished from the quarantine cell and were nowhere to be found. At least that's what I think it is.

Lilleth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Dec 2022, 12:14 pm

Chicory: A colorful tale on the PS5. Really enjoying it as it's such a chill game. It's also a change of pace. I like to change it up and play a smaller game after one that's taken me 60+ hours. Definitely recommend it. There are no enemies to defeat as such, but there are are end of chapter bosses. The settings can be altered for these though if you don't want the hassle.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2022, 8:59 pm

I started playing Black Mesa (a remake of the original Half Life game which I never played).

It was disappointing so I ditched that.

I am now playing two games - Two Point Hospital & also Yakuza 5 Remastered!

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2022, 9:19 am

Disneyland Adventures.