Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

The Mauve Factor
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Oct 2022, 1:00 am

I just got a switch lite a little over a month ago (oddly enough, I do more gamedev and painting on it than playing games most of the time!), and I'm really digging the selection of games in the store and super low deals.

Anyone with a switch, what are you playing? Any cool recommendations?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2022, 12:59 pm

I've got a WiiU and a Steam account, so admittedly I don't have a lot of Switch games.

But to get the obvious out of the way, Mario Odyssey is really good. I like Hyrule Warriors 2, but need to play it more.
BotW is a no-brainer, best game of the decade, but I bought that one on the WiiU.
Been playing a lot of Mario Kart 8 on the WiiU lately, Idunno if the new DLC tracks on the Switch are worth a double-dip for me.

I have Luigi's Mansion 3, but I want to play the second one on the 3DS first =)

Not sure how I feel about the new Animal Crossing...the graphics are nice, but the rest of it feels like a downgrade to me after the 3DS game.

I played the first Splatoon and it was a lot of fun, but I'm not much into games that are online only.

I'd like to check out Arms (boxing game), but now that I have Long Covid I don't know if I could handle it.

Our Switch needs to charge, so I'm not sure what digital-only games I have. I know I have the Puzzle Quest remake and Gems of War (free to play), the Panzer Dragoon remake, Oceanhorn, Virtua Racing...

Hmm, I could've sworn there was a thread for this already, but maybe that was a different forum...

Anyway, I can list more once I'm done charging, but bookmark this website: https://www.dekudeals.com/
The Switch eShop is so awful, this website is essential.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2022, 9:21 pm

Just YouTube “best switch games”

Theres too many to list

RenegadeWanderer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2022, 10:04 pm

One switch game I would definitely recommend if you are into action games is Astral Chain. Not only is the gameplay awesome, but the graphics and art-style look amazing. Most games by PlatinumGames are pretty fun IMO.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 8:19 pm

Octopath traveller and final fantasy X for the jrpgs

Mario 3d all stars. (Might have to buy on eBay)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 8:26 pm

You can download Fortnite or a game like that. Is also a downloadable racing car game. Cant remember its name. Cars can spin round on it to take out other cars.

saulgoodman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Nov 2022, 10:39 am

My favorite Switch game that I've played is one called Superliminal

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 10:50 am

Mario Kart is a cliched, yet important exclusive to play if you want some fun with a video game. It is difficult not to have fun with Mario Kart, for most people I think who are into video games.

Redpaws
Toucan
Toucan

26 Nov 2022, 5:18 pm

It depends on what you like. I play a lot of these games

Quest of Dungeons
Dicey Dungeons
Slay the spire
SteamWorld Dig 2
Monster Train

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2022, 9:50 pm

Got Mario Kart 8 as the digital add on

For family time, we have Super Mario Party, Mario Golf, Big Brain Academy (pretty good on its own for a 15-30 minutes here and there) and a Just Dance title. Also have Super Mario Bros U Deluxe for multi-player purpose. Had Super Smash Bros, lent it to nephew who plays it way more than I do.

Have Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity and Zelda Breath of the Wild. There is a connection between the two games in terms of story. Would recommend Breath of the Wild first. Best warriors to use in Age of Calamity are Link, Zelda and Monk Maz Koshia.

MOONTRIPS
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2022, 4:30 am

fun quirky little game to consider: Moon Remix RPG Adventure, also simply called "moon."
fair warning: it's an old Japanese game originally released in 1997. it has some really nonsensical puzzley stuff in it, don't hesitate to reference a guide if you get it. it finally got an English translation and release in 2020 on Switch. it is also available on PS4 and Steam.

Splatoon is really fun, but it's not gonna be for everyone. it's full of bright colors, especially in battle, and I know that can be off-putting to some. 3 just released in September... 2 still has a playerbase, as well as its single player content.(hero mode and the DLC, Octo Expansion) Splatoon 3 will have DLC single player content in the future.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is a Wii U port, but the Switch version has Funky Mode, which is sort of an easy mode. sort of. the game's still hard, Funky Kong just has an easier time.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons was the perfect game to play when we were all in lockdown... but in many ways it's lacking compared to other games in the series. it got some real quality of life features in various forms, but it also has some real crummy features, like the breakable tools. even with its final update, it doesn't come close to having the item diversity New Leaf had. that said, it's a chill game and a total time killer, so if you need that, I'd still recommend it.

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2022, 4:18 pm

Some of my favorites in no particular order:

- Mario Kart
- Stardew Vallew
- Civilization 6
- Mario Odyssey
- Breath of the Wild
- Mario Maker
- Sonic Mania
- Tetris 99
- retro NES, SNES and N64 games (requires subscription)
- Child of Light
- Dragon Quest 11 (special edition with orchestrated soundtrack)

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 5:34 am

Mario games are pretty good.

Mario Kart and Mario 3D Allstars get my recommendation.

Lukario
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 8:24 am

If we're talking about exclusives, SSBU is by far the best