Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

enz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2022, 3:12 am

Please put story details in spoiler quotes thankyou

Thought I'd make a thread talking about JRPGs. Feel free to add your story or opinions

The first JRPG I've played was pokemon blue when I was 10. I remember the rush when I fought my rival. I had a friend who was 3 years younger than me and we traded pokemon from time to time.

The next JRPG I played was pokemon silver, I was about 11 and blown away by the new graphics. Now pokemon had good graphics and great gameplay. This was a lonely time in my life and I really enjoyed pokemon

I went to a few peoples houses and they introduced me to final fantasy 8 and 9. My response was "ah ok that's cool"

around 2003? a friend from school showed me final fantasy X. I was very impressed with the graphics and for the time good voice acting XD

I later bought a playstation 2 and this was my main game. I remember early on being confused of what type of game this would be because it goes off in a few different angles. Great game ive played about 6 times

Ive tried a few times to get into final fantasy 12 but I usually give up for some reason or disk stops working

Ive got a switch now and am currently playing octopath traveler for the second time and dragon quest xi. After work/study I dont have much energy so playing something turn based is better

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2022, 5:22 pm

As far as JRPGs goes, I like Breath of Fire, Golden Sun and Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy is hit or miss with me but some are really good. Final Fantasy X was pretty good.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2022, 7:21 pm

I've heard golden sun is hard to navigate because the towns look the same

Lukario
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 8:36 am

I think that the first Dragon Warrior is good because it created (in my opinion) the benchmark of good rpgs despite just having 1 character and being extremely short