Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2023, 2:48 pm

is it just me or do many modern game trailers make you feel cringe.

for example this trailer feels cringe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoXQ-KFysoI
it feels like the trailer was made by a hollow group of psychopaths.

this maybe feels even more cringe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkGoYKnzsIE
this feels like it was made by out of touch game devs.

overall it feels like its bugmen soicuck consoomer gaming vibes.
Gaming has always catered to males but in the past it was a display of more appealing forms of masculinity. And some games, like GTA5, are obviously there to prey on males natural instinct to acquire resources in order to provide. I never found GTA5 that engaging though and underneath the abstraction the game doesn't seem to have much substance. And we can also see Rockstar is kinda a greedy AAA company.

For example when I was growing up as a child TV had based advertisements that were entertaining to watch, and as I grew up I noticed TV advertisements became more and more corporate with less and less backbone. There were of course exceptions here and there but that's the overall trend I've noticed. So I think I can say objectively that if I was a child I would probably be unimpressed by these trailers, its not just that I've grown up and become biased, but that I objectively think these are unimpressive trailers.

What do you think of these trailers though? Let me know in the comments.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 4:53 pm

Are you really female? Your posting style seems male ;)

I looked at the first trailer,it's basically an old style of game. It's very similar to an old game called tribes.

I don't like online shooters. The trailer did seem quite 'cold' if that's what you mean.

The second one is also an online shooter. I do see the second one as a tiny bit cringe , but I'm not the target demographic.
It's aimed at males 13-30 who have a certain competitive mindset for those games.

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2023, 8:28 am

If you deliberately seek out trailers for passionless trend-chasing games like this then you're sort of asking to have cringe inflicted on you.

This kind of hollow cultural ephemera is something I try to avoid because it makes me feel dead inside.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2023, 12:00 pm

arekks wrote:
If you deliberately seek out trailers for passionless trend-chasing games like this then you're sort of asking to have cringe inflicted on you.

This kind of hollow cultural ephemera is something I try to avoid because it makes me feel dead inside.

I was bored and just browsing games on XBOX.

I think its important to address cultural rot so we can have a better future for future generations.

https://www.sheknows.com/parenting/arti ... s-no-guns/

Inaction can often lead to dire consequences.

D0rf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2023, 11:31 am

you will naturally feel this way about all advertising after you leave that prime 20-25 demographic.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 5:41 pm

that's why i play the games i want and don't care about any new games, unless they are interesting to me

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2023, 8:42 pm

those trailers were terrible

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2023, 1:26 pm

Another trash game:

I am assuming this is based on the Emoji movie. And the unedited gameplay footage looks even worse than this review vid. Sorta reminds me of how Nickelodeon Kart Racer was trash.

Games nowadays are made by soulless corporate automotons ig. Could be like a "They Live" network where creative people are not allowed employment. The people in the "They Live" network would all have special sunglasses to see who is one of them and only hire those people.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 2:11 pm

I don't watch gaming trailers at all. They're full of garbage and lies. And testosterone, even though at least half of gamers are female.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2023, 7:44 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I don't watch gaming trailers at all. They're full of garbage and lies. And testosterone, even though at least half of gamers are female.

I am feeling more and more disconnected from gamers in general, both male and female. I read online that most female gamers do not play FPS and instead mainly play mobile games such as candycrush. I am have no interest in mobile gaming in general. As for the male gamers, many modern male gamers are starting to seem like an alien species to me. For instance there is a popular rated game called "Gunfire Reborn", most of the reviews say its a great game, but I don't understand why.