Page 258 of 275 [ 4398 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261 ... 275  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 5:12 pm

Neverwinter Nights, then some more oval testing, then I gotta focus on the Riverside race.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2023, 8:17 am

I've been playing the VR mod for Half-Life 2. It's still true that the vehicle driving sections are boring, imo, but the shooting feels intense. Not having the ability to aim like a god and instead having to squint into a weapon sight and sometimes fire off blind shots at close targets, it makes things much more tense.

I haven't played it in a good while so some complaints are reoccuring to me. The encounter design is good, as always, but often a little too transparent and a little too obvious – 'enemy group stood around barrel/s' is overdone in particular. I also feel like the game over-relies on gimmicks that aren't always interesting, like the aforementioned driving sections. Still, it's a good time when they let you actually have shootouts.

Also tried the RE4 Remake demo. I don't know man, this is just a worse version of one of the best games ever. They turned cocky, irreverent Leon into a perpetually-snarling, humourless character, but somehow kept his iconic 'bingo' line despite it clearly not being in character anymore. The house at the beginning is turned into a more contrived sequence that dilutes the impact and even turns jumping out of the window into a cutscene. The village sequence has some changes, such as a FLAMING FRICKING COW XDXDXD and some random appearances by a second chainsaw guy, that seem to have been made for the sake of it. Leon himself feels more cumbersome to maneuver than the original. Enemies aren't as responsive to gunshots, unless they're to the head, in which case they stagger and take much more damage... while you can shoot throwing weapons out of enemy hands, they seem to be thrown much more sporadically so it seems of limited value to do so.

I'll still play it and I'm sure it'll be a better game than 7 or Village, but I don't expect too much.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 8:44 am

Hi-Fi RUSH is loads of fun, all the reviews are true.

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2023, 9:00 am

Hi-Fi Rush is fun & cool. I need to finish it. Sometimes the camera makes me want to travel by plane to the offices of Tango Gameworks and shout crude Japanese insults at the employees though (I'm stuck on one particular encounter late into the game where this is an issue lol)

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 5:44 pm

Corpse Party 2021

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 6:18 pm

Chrono Cross Radical Dreamers Edition on PC

Played Chrono Trigger a while ago, now I'm willing to give it a try.

Princess Viola
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2023, 9:27 pm

Pokémon Crystal

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 9:32 pm

I'm going to finally do that race at Riverside tonight, 200 km.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 8:51 am

Left 4 Dead 2 8)

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 11:16 am

Star Trek Online, until I can develop the courage to play other games, even if I've never been good with playing multiple games.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 7:35 am

Still Elden Ring. I've made it as far as Leyndell city and done all volcano manor bar the boss fight cos I'm still doing the contracts. I'm fully expecting to get to a point where this game gets too difficult for me and I give up, but for now it's been one of the most frustrating/rewarding gaming experiences I think I've ever had.

Blueivy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Mar 2023, 8:19 am

Genshin Impact

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 1:57 am

Sonic Dash

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2023, 1:38 pm

NHL 95; Quebec vs. Montreal

I just wish it had fighting. :(
I also really need to reinforce my defence.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

wbport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Apr 2023, 2:42 pm

Spider Solitaire with two decks, two suits.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 2:51 pm

I'm going to play the next two games on Quebec's schedule, hopefully I can start to reverse the terrible start to our season.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う