Page 4 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2023, 9:56 am

NHL 95, 3-2 Quebec vs. Boston

Quebec is currently 18th out of 26 teams.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 2:30 am

NHL 95

Quebec vs. Pittsburgh: 5-2
Quebec vs. Philly: 10-1
Quebec vs. Dallas Minnesota: 3-2

Quebec is currently #1 in the conference and #2 overall.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 12:36 pm

NHL 95

Quebec vs. Pittsburgh: 10 - 0
Quebec vs. Hartford: 3 - 0

It's currently January 31st and we haven't lost a game since November 27th.
We beat Boston on November 30th to start the hot streak (April 7th's post), now they're back to see if they can break it.

Quebec currently trails Toronto by one point.

Patrick Roy has 24 points, including 3 goals. Two empty-netters and one against the Philly goaltender. He's also got the best save percentage in the league after those last two shutouts. That's ignoring the bug that causes goals a goalie scores to count against their GAA (goalie goals count for game results, but for their personal season stats they get counted as goals against, I guess they figured they'd never happen.)

Bob Probert is turning into a franchise player, he's #4 in the league for goals scored for the season so far. He's plenty valuable even without fighting. It's a shame some of his personal issues often overshadowed that in real-life. RIP Bobby.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2023, 9:41 pm

Quebec vs. Hartford: 4 - 1
Quebec vs. Toronto: 2 - 1
Quebec vs. New Jersey: 15 - 0
This was the last game of the season, last chance to add to regular season scoring totals.

Probie got a hat trick and two assists, Deadmarch got 2 goals and 5 assists, Kasparaitis got 2 goals; the red light went off once every two minutes and more than half of the game was spent in the Devils zone. 6 goals were scored while someone was serving a penalty, whereas they only got 6 shots on nets while they had the man advantage.

Probie lead the league for regular season goals with 52. I assume cocaine was involved.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 2:05 pm

Swept Hartford, New York Rangers, New Jersey and Dallas.

Won the regular season too.

Probie's got something nice to put up on the mantle.

Roy brings home another one of these but he got robbed on the Vezina trophy.
I don't see how the most winning goalie, with the lowest GAA, the most shutouts and 4 goals scored doesn't win Best Goaltender. Oh well, the Jennings Trophy is awarded for the lowest GAA so at least that one was secure.

Sundin brings home a Conn Smythe.

Manon Rheaume was in net for the final game of the conference finals and the Cup finals, she didn't just get a ring for sitting there watching Roy.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ReyReyReyes
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Apr 2023, 2:58 am

Personally, the last game I won at was a online slot machine philippines. I won a huge sum of money. I am tempted to go back again and try my luck one more time.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2023, 8:13 pm

I just won a match of Fortnite. :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 3:48 am

I won the regular season in NHL 95, I also swept Pittsburgh in 4 games to take round 1 of the playoffs earlier this evening.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2023, 10:44 pm

I won a 150 km race at Road Atlanta by 0.2 of a second.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 3:01 pm

Quebec swept the Rangers in 4 (surprisingly close) games. They only really suffered one blowout.

Quebec is currently 2 games ahead of Buffalo in the Eastern Conference finals.
The first game was close, the second game was 22 - 1.

Still haven't managed to take out #42 though, he needs to miss a few games for making one of my best players miss 4 games during the regular season.

Buffalo and Quebec were the two best teams in the league during the regular season. They're also in the same division. I think we've got a full-fledged rivalry going on now. :nerdy:

I just noticed, Bob Probert is tied for most goals scored during the regular season, 78.

This season was much higher scoring than the last one because of the roster improvements. Season 3 should be even more nuts because of more roster improvements and the team ratings were all made much closer (60-75 range instead of 50-100 range).

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 6:37 pm

Swept Buffalo.
#42 never held on to the puck long enough to be targeted and he injured another player (thankfully only for that game).

The finals are Winnipeg vs. Quebec.

Now to switch over to racing, a 300 km race at Road Atlanta. The touring cars dominated the 150 km race so I expect the 300 km race to have more fighting at the front of the field. The bigger GT cars were about 3/4s of a second slower than the touring cars, although one of the Camaros finished 5th.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 6:51 pm

Quebec won the Cup, sweeping Winnipeg in 4 games. No blow-outs and the last three were incredibly hard, they completely shutdown my offence again and again.

Quebec won the President's Trophy for having the best regular season record.

Bob Croft won the James Norris for best defenseman.
Patrick Roy won both the Jennings and the Vezina, making up for getting robbed last season.

The Hart, Art Ross, Selke and Conn Smythe went to players on other teams.

Probert would have won the Rocket Richard for most goals, except the game doesn't award it.

That's it, I'm done with Chel until June.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2023, 7:47 pm

I think I know what my play style will be in Call of Duty mobile multiplayers. :lol:

Still experimenting though. It's only 2 days. Less than few matches. Not more than 5 hours total playing.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2023, 8:40 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Quebec won the Cup, sweeping Winnipeg in 4 games. No blow-outs and the last three were incredibly hard, they completely shutdown my offence again and again.

How does one even win sports games?
Am I really bad at them, or am I just picking the wrong teams?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2023, 2:54 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

How does one even win sports games?
Am I really bad at them, or am I just picking the wrong teams?

With NHL 95 it took me about half a season (~42 games) to be able to win consistently.
Towards the end of the second season I noticed my passing stats were starting to be better than the computer pretty regularly. Getting better didn't really drive up my scoring but it means I have a lot more options for setting up goals.

Teams might make a difference, to some degree and some teams might better suit your playing style. Each time I've played a season I've had different rosters. The next season I play I've made sure all of the teams are stacked with talent to increase the difficulty for myself. The lowest ratings are in the mid-60s instead of the 40s.

Being familiar with how the game engine behaves helps a lot.
Practising how to move the ball around helps a lot in games like soccer or hockey. Sports like that you often use passing to force the goaltender and the defenders to move around, creating an opening.

With NHL 95 there's some tricks the CPU isn't good at defending against. A lot of my favourite ways to score are based on variations of the same basic strategy.
You start by coming down the boards; one variation involves zig-zagging at the faceoff circle on that side, then cutting hard in front of the net, you can either fire on the close side if he moves too quickly, or on the far side if he moves too slowly;
another involves the same idea but wrapping around the net (works especially well when the crease is obstructed by defenders);
another involves the same idea but you pass to the other winger instead of carrying it, they complete the wraparound;
another involves the same idea but as you come around the net you pass to the centre standing in the slot and score off the one-timer (this works well when the crease isn't obstructed).

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2023, 2:12 am

I won at Talladega.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う