Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 6:53 pm

So I was playing Sims 4 when I noticed a glitch. I have Island Living and the Magic Pack. Which means I have spellcasters and mermaids.

Now, in the Sims 4, when one parent is a spellcaster and the other is a merperson, there is a 50 / 50 chance of the offspring's type (the child is either a spellcaster or a merperson).

Admittedly I have a significant amount of generations, so it's not easy to keep track of everyone.

I stumbled upon a teenage sim with a family of various mermaids and spellcasters. Hybrids aren't supposed to happen, they are glitches. Yet the teenager was a hybrid. He had the menu of a spellcaster but with one major change - the hydration need that shows up in mermaids.

Sure enough, he had options to cast spells but also had mermaid abilities such as changing the weather.

However, he is one glitchy character. If you go into edit mode, he's listed as a normal human (despite having the spellcaster animation) and you can't edit his merman form.

I wondered if putting him in water would make him change into a merman. Sure enough it did, but it also broke the game. When he returned to land, he didn't change back into a human (which is what is supposed to happen). Instead he just... swam through the air. 8O

I tried to change his clothes to fix this, but all of his outfits no longer existed. So I tried to change his clothes in edit mode, but he still refused to wear clothes.

When he went to school, he swam down the pavement. :lmao:

Sometimes his tail randomly changes colour.

TL;DR due to an error, I now have a gravity defying merman wizard who refuses to wear clothes. I should probably delete him to fix the game, but it is amusing.

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 7:11 pm

Look up "The Spiffing Brit" on YT, for his "infinite money printer" Sims video. It's rather disturbing as much as it is hilarious. (it's based off a glitch like the one you described)

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2023, 3:15 am

Not dead, which eternal lie
Stranger eons death may die
Drain you of your sanity
Face the sim that should not be

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

msmoms
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jun 2023, 3:56 pm

I LOVE Sims! I get so involved with them that it drives my family nuts. I got so obsessed that I would get up very early to play when no one else would be awake and bothering me. Then I had to give up to keep the peace. I was also getting a bit tired of not understanding why the Sims responded the way they did. I wanted to go more in-depth with that line of thinking, but I needed to put it down to keep my family calm. I may go back in to play with the gnomes but who knows?

Thanks for sharing, I loved hearing about your streaking merman! I also love talking about them. Sims that is, not streakers. 8O