Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2009, 5:59 am

witch is better i like doom3 best :P

Interlude
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Aug 2009, 6:46 am

Doom3 :D
Though my favorite of the Doom games is Doom2 ;)

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 7:13 am

Doom 3 is one of my favorite games, though I haven't played Bioshock. But why compare them? *faceplate palm*

aliendude
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2009, 7:30 am

Interlude wrote:
Doom3 :D
Though my favorite of the Doom games is Doom2 ;)
my real favorite doom game is doom3 roe becase it has double barled shotty and the end boss isnt a cyberdemon

aliendude
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2009, 7:31 am

Cyberman wrote:
Doom 3 is one of my favorite games, though I haven't played Bioshock. But why compare them? *faceplate palm*
i have both. doom3 is the best period!! !! !

Saspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2009, 7:33 am

Bioshock >>>> Doom 3. I loved the earlier Dooms (the first one was one of the first FPS games I played) but the third one annoyed me as it was *really* repetitive. Bunch of other complaints too but I won't go into it :)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 8:50 am

I have tried to play both, I realy liked the atmospher set up in both, such as the sci fi in Doom 3 I think is kind of an amazing place. And the story and diverse enviroment in Bioshock is also realy good, the Big Daddies and Little Sisters are a perfect addition to the atmosphere, but each battle with them is really difficult.

My only problem is that I am pretty bad at horror games, I get to easily spooked by that zombie around the corner or guy who will jump from the cieling. Plus I add on the survivor thing and I find it hard as my nerves may get the better of me and I might tend to turn from my normal conservative play and instead hold finger on the trigger and use everything I have in my arsenal.

Interlude

30 Aug 2009, 10:38 am

Bradleigh wrote:
My only problem is that I am pretty bad at horror games, I get to easily spooked by that zombie around the corner or guy who will jump from the cieling.

That sentence makes me think of myself playing F.E.A.R. 2 : Project Origin's demo. ^^ After 15 minutes freaking out in front of my screen, I decided I would take care of my little nerves and play some strategy game instead :p

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 11:44 am

Interlude wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
My only problem is that I am pretty bad at horror games, I get to easily spooked by that zombie around the corner or guy who will jump from the cieling.

That sentence makes me think of myself playing F.E.A.R. 2 : Project Origin's demo. ^^ After 15 minutes freaking out in front of my screen, I decided I would take care of my little nerves and play some strategy game instead :p

I also have tried my hand at Dead Space, I think some of the places are predictable, but they still scare me a lot. My favirout way I get scared is when something is hanging ina horor game or it falls down, such as in Doom 3 at one point in the vents an arm just flies down, or Bioshock you know you just missed something just go flying up above. Or when you think it is dead and doesnt do anything the first time but later on or when you turn your back it jumps up and attacks you.

RobC
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2009, 12:18 pm

i think ive watched too many horror films from the 80's onwards in my younger days and gotten really desensitized to it so games like doom3, dead space and so on i found repetitive rather than scary. Bioshock's "scares" werent all that scary to me but has an interesting story to it so thats definately to me the superior game.

Interlude

30 Aug 2009, 12:29 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Or when you think it is dead and doesnt do anything the first time but later on or when you turn your back it jumps up and attacks you.

Headcrab zombies in Half-Life! You kill the zombies, then the nasty creatures hooked on them attack you when you think you are done with them. Argh..

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 3:00 pm

Neither of them were as good as System Shock 2 :oops:

Hikikomori
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2009, 6:06 pm

I love Bioshock!
Not played Doom3 though, I'm on PS3, and only use PC for MMO really..

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2009, 7:59 pm

I haven't played Bioshock but have played Doom 1-3.
My home PC is a Dell with an integrated Intel card and NO Video Slots. (arrgh!)

Can you play Bioshock with a normal intel card?

If you can't, then that automatically makes Doom 3 better.

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

31 Aug 2009, 9:55 pm

While I've played a little of both, I've played a lot more of Bioshock because my computer cant run Doom 3 with a playable frame rate. That said, of what I've played of Doom 3, its scares are reliant on cheap scripted scares. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I never liked that tactic because its just not scary.

Bioshock, which I was able to play due to its console ports, I felt had much better storytelling(actually... where was Doom's story?), and the atmosphere was slightly better than that of Doom 3.

Since I prefer games with actual stories, and it had the better atmosphere, I vote for Bioshock. But Doom 3, while not comparable at all, is still a great game.