Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 10:43 pm

this year was decent microsofts was pretty awesome announced alot of new stuff, and nintendos was 100 times better than last years e3 (which was a disaster) but the only problem was that they didnt announce a new wii zelda or even talk about spirit tracks for the ds

havent watched sonys yet its still on my dvr

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 2:31 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3-mi ... -wii-zelda

Quote:
Shigeru Miyamoto has confirmed a new Legend of Zelda title is in development for the Wii.

"To be honest with you, I really wanted to announce a Zelda game for Wii at this E3. But rather than think about something to bring you to show you, we really wanted to focus on actual game development," he said, speaking during a behind-closed-doors presentation.

"However I didn't want to come empty handed, so I did bring the next illustration for the next Zelda title." At this point an oil painting-style image of Link appeared on a big screen. It featured a pale blue figure wearing a helmet in the foreground and the Legend of Zelda logo at the bottom.

"This illustration does contain elements that are central to the storyline, and I hope it does prove to you we are quite far into the development of the title," Miyamoto said.

"I would like to say we hope to bring it to you next year. It may take a little longer."

Miyamoto went on to reveal the game is likely to work with Nintendo's latest Wii accessory. "We'd like to make it compatible with Wii MotionPlus," he confirmed. "It's quite possible it will be playable only with Wii MotionPlus. The potential for it becoming MotionPlus-only depends of course on how well Wii Sports Resort sells.

"Maybe you can think of Zelda while you're playing with the swordfighting and archery in Wii Sports Resort," Miyamoto added. "But some people think of Zelda as more of an RPG with simpler controls, so trying to think of a way to keep everyone happy is going to occupy me."

A Q&A session ensued, during which Miyamoto discussed controlling robots with your brain and gay men using their minds to give birth to a brand new pokemon, an idea his wife helped him come up with. Not even kidding.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2009, 6:50 pm

I watched all 3 of the major conferences and I think Microsoft's was easily the best. Just about every game they showed is one I'm interested in and can't wait to pick up. Project Natal has potential to be very awesome. Hopefully, developers will be able to take advantage of it.

Sony's was ok. They spent a lot of time doing what Microsoft didn't do, talk about sales figures and numbers, etc. I fastforwarded through all of that. They officially "revealed" the PSP Go, which will probably bomb. It has less features than the current PSP (albeit smaller and lighter) but will cost almost $100 more. Go figure. They spent an inordinate amount of time showing games for the PSP, which started to make me think they really didn't have much for the PS3 and I was kind of right. They showed footage for Uncharted 2 and that looks incredible. I can't wait for that, but that was really the only game they showed that made me say, "Wow!" Even God of War III was kind of a let down, at least from what they showed. I don't play online games so I couldn't care less about Mag or Final Fantasy XIV Online. The Last Guardian could be good. The footage they showed didn't do anything for me, but I've liked the games that studio has made before so we'll see.

Nintendo did something they haven't done for a few years and it blew me away. They actually showed a game that might make me consider getting a Wii again. Metroid: Other M looked incredible. I'm a huge fan of Team Ninja (at least when they were being run by Itagaki) so that really impressed me. When the first started talking about the new Super Mario Bros for Wii, I was excited at first because I love the oldschool Mario games much more than the 3D ones. Then they showed the video for it and I lost interest. They can't decide if it's 4 player coop or competition and in the end, I just didn't care about it anymore. I'm not interested in their Wii Sports style of games so Wii Sports: Resort didn't interest me either.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 2:09 pm

I don't know how I feel about Other M...I like how they added a storyline to it, but I really can't imagine Metroid being a 3D beat-em-up instead of a platform shooter.

Though maybe it'll turn out like that one time where Metroid Hunters was a really terrible Metroid game, but to this day, it's still the best FPS for the DS.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 5:26 pm

As far as I'm concerned, Microsoft stole the show. Playing games without a controller sounds good to me, plus they have plenty of great looking hardcore games. Sony's was pretty decent too even though I'm not interested in the PS3. Nintendo's was again very disappointing because they once again focused on casual games and they didn't have a Zelda trailer which I fully expected. However, a second 3-D, platformer Mario to a console is always a great welcome.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 6:17 pm

Other than FFXIV, which, let's face it, who didn't see it coming? Sony didn't show anything new for PS3. Everything else we already knew about. there were a couple of new announcements for the PSP, but if they think the PSP is going to carry them over the PS3, I think they might be in bad shape.