My coworker is going to hate me but......

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2006, 9:11 pm

I don't care. I'm buying a Wii at launch, and I'm not going to WalMart for it. I'm leaving my job anyway and working at another place. fye is better for games anyway.

Just face it, Wii will rock your TV when it comes out. Just too many great games announced and each one uses the controller in incredible ways. Plus online Smash Bros and Crystal Chronicles is kick ass. Still I wish Metroid Prime 3 would feature online play like Hunters :'( .

At any rate, if my coworker threatens me just tar and feather him. :x

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2006, 11:38 pm

While I think that the Wii's controller is pretty nice, but I actually haven't been at all impressed with the games lineup. Red Steel looks cool--the swordfighting especially. But I've never been into Mario or Zelda, and let's face it, Nintendo's mainly about first party titles. I'm much more impressed with the PS3's games lineup, though that doesn't mean I'd rather get one--Wii's half as expensive. But Wii's graphical ability is just not very good. I haven't seen any game trailers or screenshots for Wii games that I've found graphically impressive--hell, I've seen games maxed out on high-end PC's with way better graphics. One of the benefits of a console is that when it comes out, it's graphics technology beats everything on the PC for a few years. And with the PS3, I see that. With the XBox 360, I don't quite see it. With the Wii, I REALLY don't see it.

I'm glad you'll enjoy the system. Myself, I'm not so impressed. Motion sensitivity is the future, yes, but it's been here since 1999 (look up Logitech and Microsoft Sidewinder controllers for the PC), and the Wii's the first to fully use it to its capacity--and the first to do something never does it as well as it should. I doubt it'll be perfected until a while after--many games, such as the Zelda aiming, will most likely be achingly frustrating to control.