Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2009, 12:36 pm

I have played Fallout 3 obsessively and excessively for many weeks on end, and I have all but one of the DLCs (I had to buy the discs that came out, since I don't have my 360 connected to Internet). In this order my favorites are (this includes all I have played) -

Broken Steel
Point Lookout
Operation Anchorage
The Pitt

And the inclusions of new baddies like the Overlord have improved the game tenfold. I love those Overlords, but when I run into a Ghoul Reaver or Albino Radscorpion, I'd rather run away. They're tough!! ! So is the Overlord on Normal to Very Hard level, but he's easier to get away from, if you can avoid the Gatling Laser or Tri-Beam Laser.

kaworuchan42
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Sep 2009, 1:07 pm

My favorite is a tie between Broken Steel and Point Lookout, and my least favorites are Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt (they were far too linear for my tastes).

Mothership Zeta is also extremely linear, but it makes up for it with the Disintegrator weapon. Oh, yeah, that's one powerful gun that certainly does come in handy across the Capital Wasteland.

Recently got all 1,550 Achievement Points for Fallout 3 on the 360 (that includes all 5 DLCs). Hurrah!

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 1:28 pm

1 Broken Steel
2 Operation Anchorage
3 The Pitt
4 Point Lookout ( i wasn't too impressed with this one )=

I haven't played Mothership Zeta yet though... Can anyone say whether it's any good. Although even if it isn't I'll probably buy it just for the whole collection (and gamerscore =)

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 3:00 pm

oh mothership zeta was pretty good. hmm... freaking amazing weapons. a few named weapons (rifle and pistol i think). As for creepy-ness factor, it's not as creepy as point look out, but it's up there. the aliens seriously talk like the ones from mars attacks. it's pretty funny. i enjoyed the big fight at the end and the shooting range. there is a special feat to be gained from the range. so, i thought it was worth it. it's especially nice if you are a fan of 1950's sci fi.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 2:17 pm

Safe.

john93
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Sep 2009, 3:10 pm

I really enjoyed fallout 3 but decided not to play again + buy expansions until I have a new computer or at least a new graphics card, this thread makes it harder to resist though :twisted: