Multiplayer gaming and autism/aspergers

Page 3 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

danace2000
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jan 2010, 8:33 am

I like playing TF2 and CS2 on Steam, but I dont like using a mic, I'll only type messages. same on xbox live I only use the mic if I know someone.

t55
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2010, 12:18 am

I generally end up playing X-box live nowadays.
I do it more to just talk to somebody.
The games are terribly boring, nothing new, always the same thing over and over again.
Yet I go there because I know I can talk to people (or at least spam) without fear of being rebuked with threat.

I guess I have a moral obligation to intrestingify the internet since everyone is so silent.
I generally welcome spammers in a way, sometimes get caught up in it.

I wish my halo 3 disc still worked.

xSuPeRxCeJaYx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jun 2010, 10:09 am

I enjoy the social of online games. It makes me feel like im not going to get judged or do something stupid cause were all there for the same thing.

Steam : http://steamcommunity.com/id/supercejay/
Xbox Live: Mz CeJaY 420
PS3 : Mz_CeJaY_420

kriskarnage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2010, 2:40 pm

xSuPeRxCeJaYx wrote:
I enjoy the social of online games. It makes me feel like im not going to get judged or do something stupid cause were all there for the same thing.

That's sometimes true, especially if you got some some cool people that you know to play with. (I also added you to steam as well)

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 8:27 pm

I usually like online gaming, but sometimes I misinterpret someones intructions on WoW and end up getting called a stupid Huntard (Huntard: a combination of the words hunter and ret*d). But if you are getting bullied by jerks via online gaming, you can switch servers or take the zepplin to Thunder Bluff. Not in real life though. There you have to sit and deal with it, and no Hearthstone will ever get you out of it.

Creature
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jun 2010, 5:27 pm

The only game I play is World of Warcraft, not using any voice systems so the worst shouting is over typed chat. Luckily I don't make many mistakes and I can fix other's faults quite well so they don't have an excuse to start nerdraging against me. (Sincerely not being arrogant with this, but I avoid most mistakes). I must admit that I play on nice and friendly servers, that should make a huge difference aswell. But I have seen a lot of flaming towards new players, and players who are not too well at their job, like healing for instance.

By the way, going stark raving mad because of a silly game doesn't really sound like an NT thing to do to me :P

And also not like something anyone older than 15 would do. Or no. At 15 I was too mature to act like that. Maybe a lot more people than we currently think lack social insight!
:?

I have met some really cool people ingame, more often than I've met as*holes. In my experience WoW is fine, looking at the players.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 6:27 pm

I play 1v1 games online, usually fighting games, that's about it. Super Street Fighter IV is about the only thing I've played recently.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 6:33 pm

Bataar wrote:
Super Street Fighter IV is about the only thing I've played recently.

Who do you main?

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 6:59 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Bataar wrote:
Super Street Fighter IV is about the only thing I've played recently.

Who do you main?

Vega and T-Hawk

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 7:01 pm

I hate (! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !) T-Hawk. Worse balanced than 'gief.

I've been trying to up Dudley but he seems to be lacking.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 6:29 am

Multiplayer gaming and me don't get along too well. One of my quirks is that anything I do in life must be a trophy. Best thing multiplayer gaming gets me is a screenshot that says I got the most kills, headshots and flag caps.

That being said I was nuts over Tribes for a long time and eventually graduated to Unreal Tournament (where I miss my jetpack while shooting people with a chain gun).

Blasterx343
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2010, 11:47 pm

Only any good at FPS's,
Halo is my favourite game and online is generally fun, though the maniacs who go around and start team killing to help the 'enemy' get really annoying.
I swear there was one guy who mucked up which team he was on and killed our entire team before stopping to think why isn't anyone shooting back.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2010, 12:26 am

I can't do FPS games online. I don't have the time to dedicate to them. I'll log into a game and everyone expects me to be at expert level. If I'm doing a team game, I'll have all my team mates mad at me because I can't follow instruction because I don't know the map(s), don't know where everything is, don't know the common lingo, etc. If I do deathmatch, it's frustrating because I pretty much get killed within a few seconds of spawning in, every time, so I don't have time to learn anything.

Auriya
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jun 2010, 3:49 am

I enjoy coordinating 24 Americans and being the only Aussie :D

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 11:50 am

Auriya wrote:
I enjoy coordinating 24 Americans and being the only Aussie :D

You sound like an aussie friend of mine who still plays alongside my youngest brother (the guy is even part of a Australian podcast now . . . ah, Blackpanel). He was always outnumbered, but he got a lot of help from my brother (who is quite the talent monger . . . trust me, my brother comes up with the craziest stuff that actually works).

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2010, 4:48 pm

It really depends on how multiplayer is implemented in game how good it is. Differnt genre's come across differntly in a multiplayer setting.

Although there a pain to setup and find someone reliable and of an enjoyable skill level PBEM (Play by e-mail) games of turn based strategy games such as the Combat Mission Series are an ideal setup.

The beauty of this game series is that both players have time to make decisions on what moves to make and the actions are then carried out in a 60 second playback. So really its like a more sophisticated version of chess in some respects.

They are a more pragmatic way of doing multiplayer compared to the rather ad-hoc clumsy system of more traditional turn based games such as Civilization series.

FPS games have come along way from the days of Doom 1/2 and the L4D 1/2 games are quite clever in how they encourage co-operative play although you always get ret*ds who will try to ruin a game.

I find Real Time Strategy games quite stressful for the pressure of time and the whole "clickfest" thing. It requires a certain kind of thinking that im just not good at. I tend to play either Supreme Commander or Company of Heroes in this genre. CoH can be more forgiving for laxes in thought or a lack of strategy as you have moments of down time were you are waiting to build up resources, whereas Supreme Commander from the get go you need a plan on how your going to build up your economy, get key tech levels before your oppositon and at the same time adapt and change plans at the drop of a hat depending on the map you play on or you will lose the game fairly quickly and eventually become a burden if you are on a team.