Multiplayer gaming and autism/aspergers

Page 2 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 8:08 am

I hate Multiplayer because I don't like having people scream at me if I make a mistake. I am only human :(

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 8:38 am

Quote:
(called pugging, for reasons im still trying to figure out),

p.u.g stands for "pick up group". Therefore, working with a group that you've just "picked up" = pugging.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

DeadFire87
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2009, 8:53 am

I enjoy MP gaming all the time. Mostly with FPS PC games and usually I do everything I can to get to the top of the scores. Quite often I am in the top 5 in almost every FPS I play now. :) I have found a few great servers online that are free of bad people in CSS and the people there are quite fun to play with. I do occasionally make a mistake or two. Like the time I blew up 3 teamates when I died with a frag in my hand. :lol: They got mad, but not to mad. For the most part I just shoot people and don't talk to many players unless I have known them for awhile.

PCkid
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Sep 2009, 11:53 am

The people on BF2 aren't rude.

But I love MP gaming.

Verwandlung
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2009, 12:40 pm

mikehart18 wrote:
Does any body here like to go on xbox live and play multiplayer games, cause i don't. I preferr single player games cause there more involving and its easier to concentrate "social gaming", as I would call it. I just dont like to play a game and hear a bunch of NT's on my head set yelling and shouting, even if i dont use it. Still I wana know what the rest of you think about multiplayer gaming, online multiyplayer and all that other sh*t.

I also prefer singleplayer games (mostly older pc games like Fallout 1 and 2, Dungeon Keeper etc.) because of the "microphone shouting" you mentioned among other things. The few times I do play and enjoy multiplayer is usually with friends and very 'slow paced' games (Defcon, Chess master X, ..).

FerrariMike_40
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Sep 2009, 9:49 pm

I have Xbox Live and a microphone but really the only people I talk to on XBL are my real friends from school. I don't feel all the way comfortable talking to someone who I can just hear their voice, and not see what they look like, how they act, etc

The game I play the most multiplayer on is Call Of Duty: World At War (about to go to 3rd Prestige :)) If I'm not playing it with friends, sometimes I'll just put my mic in and listen to what the other players are saying, if they have good voices it's kind of soothing for me...like listening to the radio. The other games I play, mostly sports and racing games, are single player.

Klint
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2009, 10:01 pm

FieryGatoh wrote:
I hate Multiplayer because I don't like having people scream at me if I make a mistake. I am only human :(

I hate that too. It's actually one of the few things I dislike about L4D. I'm pretty good at it, but I suck at being the tank in versus mode. So every time I get killed as the tank, things like "lol noob tank" or "O... M... G... WTF WAS THAT?!?" pop up randomly and makes me want to quit. :(

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 11:10 am

Verwandlung wrote:
mikehart18 wrote:
Does any body here like to go on xbox live and play multiplayer games, cause i don't. I preferr single player games cause there more involving and its easier to concentrate "social gaming", as I would call it. I just dont like to play a game and hear a bunch of NT's on my head set yelling and shouting, even if i dont use it. Still I wana know what the rest of you think about multiplayer gaming, online multiyplayer and all that other sh*t.

I also prefer singleplayer games (mostly older pc games like Fallout 1 and 2, Dungeon Keeper etc.) because of the "microphone shouting" you mentioned among other things. The few times I do play and enjoy multiplayer is usually with friends and very 'slow paced' games (Defcon, Chess master X, ..).

Oh, you have good taste in games :-)

SkittlesMcBingBing
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Sep 2009, 4:26 pm

I second the opinion of the tin foil devil horned cat. Fallout 1, 2, 3, and even Tactics are great games. Great single player experiences, for those times when you don't want to interact with anyone online and just want to chill.

I believe I am cousin.

sXeZombie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Oct 2009, 6:09 am

I play Left 4 Dead on Xbox Live so I do talk to people when I feel like it, if not then I just listen and say the odd word like "Witch." etc. etc.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 11:14 am

Peope in L4D tend to be nice and understanding. A fun thing to do online(only when I play halo 3 though) is annoy people. I can do an authentic vietnamese voice exaggeration because I have friends from Vietnam, I'm learning to speak the language, and I find viet prank calls on the interwebz. I can emulate it very well so I'll talk like that the whole time just to see the reactions of the people. I don't initially trash talk, but they do and call me racist asian names. I put on cambodian folk music on my laptop(i listen to it on a daily basis cuz i'm weird) and hold my headset mic up to it. It's hilarious! I also play Fallout 3 while talking with friends who are playing it. That is very fun to do and helpful because we exchange tips.

eroberts
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Oct 2009, 11:48 am

I love playing multiplayer games, a few years ago I was really quiet in real life but I talked a lot on Runescape (mmorpg if you don't know what it is) maybe because of the fact that I didn't have to talk to them face to face and could just log out in a bad situation, but now for some reason i've quietened down a lot on that and I never talk on Xbox Live and like some other people have said I sometimes get a bit nervous that people will start getting mad at me for something I did wrong.

Groltag
Raven
Raven

02 Oct 2009, 3:58 pm

When I was 14-15 I used to play counter-strike, mute everyone with a microphone and ignore people talking via text.

I just couldn't, and didn't want to talk to anyone there. I don't play CS anymore.

TheDuck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2009, 4:46 pm

I don't really like single player games usually only play multilayer games. I get bored easily playing single player so i barely ever finish games. I have played MMOs before and enjoyed it. Also like to play FPS online like halo / COD . I play a lot less lately online by myself. Usually only with friends.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 3:50 am

I really enjoy playing Multiplayer games on PlayStation Network... Metal Gear Online is what I mainly play.

It was difficult to me trying to socialize in online games at the beginning, but this help me for being more self confident, and learn some skills to cope with the real world :)

I made some friends on PSN, and this summer I met in real life some of my MGO clan pals :D

I'm a girl gamer, and I rarely use my microphone (sometimes I don't want other players know I'm a woman :roll: ). I only talk to my clan friends, they are so nice ^_^

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2010, 4:18 pm

Any of the Call of Duty series are amazing when played ONLINE ! !!

If you play online you are playing against other people who make the same mistakes as you do rather than the single player where you play against the computer.

You guys have got to try Free For All / Team Deathmatch or whatever ! !! !

Nobody picks on you for making mistakes because thay are all too busy trying to kill everything in sight.

I am talking about the PC version here not the other lesser versions , of course.