Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 4:52 pm

In anticipation of XIII (I made a who's psyched about XIII topics months ago) I'm trying to get into X. So far IMO VII is due to all the interesting characters and Kefka takes the cake as one of the best videogame villians. :-)

ChevyFan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Feb 2010, 5:03 pm

Final Fantasy sucks. Same old cliches over and over again.

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 5:13 pm

6 and 7 for their dark, brooding, steam punk atmosphere and compelling characters. 9 is interesting. The absolute worst is 10, I hated the atmosphere and the characters passionately. 8 had some cool elements, but was bogged down by a sappy love story.

Moony
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2010, 5:42 pm

No SNES love? You spoony bards.

Redd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2010, 5:46 pm

I never played any of em except the first one on NES (still got the cartridge), number VII, number VIII, and number X. My favorite was number VII for the same reason Shadwell said. Out of all them it had the most interesting story. I wish they would make a new VII one with cool graphics like that little demo thing they did a few years ago for the PS3. I mean hell they've re maid a lot of the other ones including the first one which i would really recommend for PSP owners. I like them all except for X though.

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 6:03 pm

Shadwell wrote:
6 and 7 for their dark, brooding, steam punk atmosphere and compelling characters. 9 is interesting. The absolute worst is 10, I hated the atmosphere and the characters passionately. 8 had some cool elements, but was bogged down by a sappy love story.

agreed...Didn't like 10 or 10-2. Although I really liked the costume changing in 10-2, I just couldn't get into the story. I hated the fact that they got rid of the world map area and put a stupid chart there instead. The villains weren't interesting either. Sin was stupid. I really like 6 and 7. Final Fantasy 7 was my favorite by far. The only thing I don't agree with is 8. I liked the story and the characters, especially the sorceresses.

The costume designs in 8 were my favorite, as were the weapon choices. The gunblade was really neat. I also like the whip that Quistis had and the projectile thing Rinoa had. Everyone elses weapons were boring. Actually 7 had better weapons, but 8 had better costumes. Cloud's Buster sword was ingenious. It's a sword, but really big. Who would've thought. Also, Barret's gun arm, Yuffies barrage of weapons, Cait Sith's giant stuffed animal, and Sepiroth's long katana were all so cool!

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 7:19 am

VII was good because it was more emotional but VIII was more adult like (how the characters looked like) and I also liked the combos a lot (you know pressing the sequence of buttons), that was pretty cool. VII had a cool vilain Sephiroth.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 1:50 am

I was always a big fan of four. Such a deep storyline and game play for it's era, and it totally stands the test of time.

My Word of Warcraft character, while I played that, was named Tella after the Sage. He was fittingly undead. Can't tell you how sick I am of people saying Aerith had the first dramatic death in FF (not that it wasn't well done and all).

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2010, 9:59 am

7 by far, and really i don't even have a reason to justify it, i just think it's the best one :P

VincentVanJones
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2010, 12:23 pm

As another poster said, Final Fantasy is pretty bad really. It is hailed as so great but really it is very linear and in all honesty not even the best plot wise. Cut scenes tend to be top notch though.

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2010, 12:46 am

VincentVanJones wrote:
As another poster said, Final Fantasy is pretty bad really. It is hailed as so great but really it is very linear and in all honesty not even the best plot wise. Cut scenes tend to be top notch though.

no

Fo-Rum
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Feb 2010, 4:14 am

VincentVanJones wrote:

Don't know if I agree with this. I've played a fair amount of RPGs and still prefer the old FF games to most of today in terms of enjoyment levels. While today I would enjoy newer RPGs more than playing older FF games, that is only because I've played the older FF games too many times now. It is just the overall enjoyment levels have been higher with older RPGs than with newer ones for me, and those older RPGs aren't just limited to FF, but they play a big part!

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2010, 9:06 am

Overall. I'd say 6.
Great graphics(for it's time), great storyline, characters, and I liked the gameplay set-up.

I don't know if I'll get XIII. I didn't play XII and really, I don't have the time to invest in long winded JRPGs anymore.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/