Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2010, 7:03 pm

I'm up to the Zanarkand Ruins and keep getting killed by the basic enemies. GameFAQ's mention returning to an earlier area but HOW?! !! !! !! !! !

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2010, 7:40 pm

Airship? I'm in the Calm Lands right now, building up my characters and levels.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

TheOddGoat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2010, 8:02 pm

Been a long time since I played any ff, but fast travel/airship + training is probably the way to go.

I tried to start it again last year because my favourite part is the blitzball but I hate the spheregrid system for adventuring too much.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2010, 10:08 pm

KEEP BUILDING them in the calm lands! Mt. Gazet and Zanarkand ruins enemies SLAUGHTERED ME! LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL!! !!

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2010, 3:20 am

Just stay in an area where it's possible to level up easily, then advance to harder enemies and so on, but the enemy you should fear is yunalesca, she will be the hardest boss you've had to face in a while.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Feb 2010, 11:31 am

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. How to beat the normal enemies? Go back to an area with weaker enemies and level up more. Get stronger weapons. I dunno what other advice to give.

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Just stay in an area where it's possible to level up easily, then advance to harder enemies and so on, but the enemy you should fear is yunalesca, she will be the hardest boss you've had to face in a while.

I HATE that b***h! :evil:

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2010, 12:17 pm

Fidget wrote:

bdhkhsfgk wrote:

I HATE that b***h! :evil:

You're not alone.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2010, 12:18 pm

There is a hallway before you get to the Calm Lands where you can gain sphere levels like crazy; I added about 40-60 per character just in that passage. Since you're past that stage, you'd have to go back in your saves which might not be worthwhile. Currently, all my characters have over 50 sphere levels each in reserve as I am trying to get Lvl 3 Key Spheres to open up more abilities.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

SkittlesMcBingBing
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Feb 2010, 4:56 pm

Yunalesca was a cinch once you figured out the trick.

*spoilers below*
*spoiler warning*

When she turns you into a zombie, KEEP THE STATUS. That way her move that attacks with 80% chance to cast Death or something (while dealing rather piddly hp damage) doesn't score, since you're already dead. You can also cast reflect on your characters to protect them from Yunalesca's healing spells, which will reflect back to her of course, but it's better than your team dying. Having nullified her best souces of damage, smash her with your own healing spells, or Holy if Yuna has it.

It's also important to know that Reflect only works in one direction, one time. If both your party and her have reflect cast upon each other, cast spells upon yourselves to make them hit her, and vice versa.

I believe I am cousin.