Page 8 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Ipsen42
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 May 2010, 11:24 am

FF XIII: biggest disappointment ever imo. It's just not Final Fantasy anymore, the masterpiece quality of the SNES and PS1 era has gone down the drain. I'm still hoping for FF Versus XIII by Testuya Nomura's wonder team to fix that but I'm not too hopeful.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 12:11 pm

Rakshasa72 wrote:
Shadowrun the 2007 FPS from Microsoft. Who takes one of the richest most inovative RPG settings of all time and, turns it into a FPS?

Not even a good FPS. I got about halfway through the mandatory training mission and turned it off.

Plus there was no split-screen in the 360 version, which was why my friends rented it in the first place :roll:

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2010, 8:52 am

Ferdinand wrote:
Rakshasa72 wrote:
Shadowrun the 2007 FPS from Microsoft. Who takes one of the richest most inovative RPG settings of all time and, turns it into a FPS?

I loved Shadowrun.

Bioshock 2 was disappointing to me.

Very disappointing, Not even one siging spider.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 8:55 am

mesona wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
Rakshasa72 wrote:

I loved Shadowrun.

Bioshock 2 was disappointing to me.

Very disappointing, Not even one siging spider.

The main villain succeeded in making my hate her at least.

I just wish it was at least 2 times longer.

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 11:31 am

"Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within". I LOVED LOVED LOVED "Sands of Time" so much it was so good, but "Warrior Within" was just a let down in every possible way. The generic metal soundtrack constantly chugging in the background was so annoying I ended up muting the TV so I wouldn't have to listen to it. And you could tell they really skimped on the level design because of all the back-tracking you had to do. And I just got flat out annoyed by all the secret treasures that just contained unlockable concept art.

"Two Thrones" was an improvement, but it just wasn't the same.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net

Dernhelm23
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2010, 2:49 am

Definitely Dragon Age Awakening. I was SO in love with all the characters from the first one, and really looking forward to seeing where they ended up. But the only one we REALLY got to see again was stupid old Oghren. The brief cameos by Wynne and my beloved Alistair were almost mocking. And it was so short, even for an expansion.

Close second is Bioshock 2, mainly because I had been expecting more of a prequel. Like, Rapture before its downfall. Or something. And Big Sisters sure got a lot of hype not to be any more involved than they were.

OH! And Blizzard broke my WoW class. Huge gaming disappointment. When ICC came out, fury warriors just got the short end of the stick. And now, with and only with full Sanctified gear, we're overpowered and everyone says it's easy. Please.

Manolito_Mystiq
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2010, 5:16 am

The disappointing thing, game-related, was me renting the game The Fifth Element for the PC, because I read a good review about it in a game magazine (the Dutch Power Unlimited). I didn't understand how it got such a decent score, because the game was really bad. I first thought there was something wrong with the detail settings of the game, because the game looked so cheap, but it really were the game graphics.

Also, I remember we constantly rented the game Donkey Kong Country, and I completed it, as a present my dad bought the game for us for Christmas. Though it's still a pretty good game, I didn't feel all that overwhelmed, as sure the graphics and sounds are fantastic, and the gameplay is quite original here and there, I still don't consider the game to be that much of a classic, like the Super Mario World games, to give but another example.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 2:52 pm

BigJohnnyCool wrote:
Sonic '06 - ...the game is incredibly unfinished, and most of the levels are nearly impossible to get an S rank in (but in all aspects, what's so fun about hard mode anyways?).

That's okay. It's typical of an unfinished game to have unfinished level designs. Here's some advice:

You just gotta live with it in terms of S2K6. I cope with it very well; trust me. :wink:

Anyways, my biggest disappointment is...I dunno, really.

Oh! Sonic Unleashed for Wii, methinks. Basically, the lesson here is the Wii version is inferior to the 360 version. Glad I learned that lesson.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 5:18 pm

It seems that with Fps's these days, you either can't play splitscreen or can't play splitscreen with more than two players. Instead, you have to us system link or go online. I mean, I'd love to play borderlands or L4D with my brothers and friends without having to switch off every single freakin death.

Also, there always seems to be a lack of storymode co-op these days. Back in the early-2000's most FPS's had co-op or the ability to play local multiplayer, because that was back when online wasn't a big deal for consoles.

Also, FPS's seem to have the lamest, shortest story modes these days as if all the game developers care about is the online multiplayer. That's why I no longer like FPS's. Because I'm not going to shell out 60 USD for a game with a story mode that clocks in at an amazing 4 hours.