Runescape: How Do You Make Your Money?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

DolcetTones
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2010, 4:32 am

Thought I'd start a new Runescape thread about money making techniques.

As you can see , I have full Dragon Gear, so I'm comfortably well off in Runescape terms. I've been farming Toadflax consistently for over a year now, and can get a million or so in two days just from that. Now that I have a fifth herb patch from doing My Arm's Big Adventure, it's even more lucrative.

So what's your angle? Are you the combative type, KOing the KBD or burrowing through the Barrows? Are you the more sedate fishing, woodcutting, mining type? How do you make your GP?

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 5:17 am

I haven't played in so long. I made 16 million or so paying people 10g per flax. I then made bowstrings from those flax and sold them for 100g per.

NeverEnder
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2010, 6:41 am

DolcetTones wrote:
Thought I'd start a new Runescape thread about money making techniques.

Ah, Runescape. I was thinking of this yesterday. I have not played in almost a year. Why? It overwhelmed my time; I could play for a straight 12 hours easily. :shrug: :D

I made most of my money by:

- Mining and converting the metals to armor. Over time (and levels) this adds up

- Mining/trading for coal. Sell it to desperate blacksmiths for much more than originally paid for

- Chopping wood-- a lot of wood. :wink: I would then make arrow shafts and sell them

- Fishing: higher level fish (shark, lobsters, etc) and selling near dangerous, remote quest areas to ill-prepared players

It is important to hit areas of the economy that are often overlooked and attempt to dominate it; examples: arrow strings/shafts, high-level armor collections to sell, food, etc.

Do not be afraid to invest cash and sit on items until prices rise then sell high. :cheers:

Regards.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 3:00 am

I played this game once. I was about level 80 when I quit. It was just to oboring, i saw no reward in training skills or fighting monsters. Quests could be fun, but the game itself just bored me.

At the start it was amazing though, the whole world to explore, getting lost in strange places, fimding a new town as I thought I was going to die. Then I memorized where everything was.

DolcetTones
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2010, 9:00 am

A few of the above posts seem to relate to times before the Grand Exchange. The old ways of making money that you find mentioned on websites and forums aren't relevant in a lot of cases now. I'm still just muddling through with toadflax farming.

Double xp weekend coming up folks!

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2010, 9:31 am

Getting a job and buying World of Warcraft is the best technique.

DolcetTones
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2010, 5:55 pm

Both my sons play WOW; it just doesn't look like my cup of tea. I've never been a fan of the "choose your race and class; you're stuck with them now" rpgs.

Back to the question: how does your Runescape character make their money, folks?

DolcetTones
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2012, 4:32 am

Long time since I first posted this - have gotten farm and herblore capes since.

With new changes and Jagex still trying to fight the bots and gold farmers, how does the modern Runescapean make his or her money?

wotsalthor
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Mar 2012, 5:26 pm

Logs. Plentiful, easy, and fast to cut - and they sell for 230+gp each. It's like pure ess used to be, except better.

xerofyre
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2012, 6:42 am

I used to do Barrows alot, I've had almost every piece more than once except for Akrisae

These days I don't really worry about making money since I finished all my buyable skills. I mostly rely on the kingdom of miscellania to make money.

ComradeKael
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2012, 2:24 pm

I mostly just do Slayer task. Usually I end up with 200k at the least per task. Maybe more if I get a decent drop.

DasBoSchitt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2012, 3:26 pm

Ever since the EoC got released I had a much easier time getting monster drops since food and prayer are much more obsolete. What I did was collect TokKul inthe Tzhaar city until I could buy an uncut Onyx. I did that a few times and you can usually get one with 3 - 7 days straight of work.

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 7:02 pm

Flipping. Easy peasy

ComradeKael
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Dec 2012, 12:34 am

kra17 wrote:
Flipping. Easy peasy

What do you flip?

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2012, 8:08 am

I was always F2P, but I fished. Not the best money, but the most enjoyable for me. I mostly played for the clan I was in though (kinda ironic, the antisocial girl plays a game to see her social club >.<) Fishing gives you an opportunity to go on other tabs, and so achieve 2 or more things at once.

I stopped playing around about April. I've had more time to play other games I want to play, but I can't say I didn't/don't miss it sometimes.