Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kriskarnage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jul 2010, 3:40 pm

why are you reading this?? go to the evo stream right now!!

http://evo2k.com/live/

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 11:44 pm

Watching now. The Boxer/Viper fight wasn't anything to write anyone about. The Fuerte/Seth match previous to that was kinda interesting.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 11:51 pm

My stream died. Good thing it's only pool play!! :D

Noted the time for finals on Sunday. We should chat here about it while it's going on.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 10:57 pm

Wow...Turo gets eliminated. Gamerbee decimates the ranks with Adon. Sanford gets screwed over by a pause controversy.

Been a great Evo tournament so far. The finals start very very very soon.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 7:27 am

i don't like it

kriskarnage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2010, 1:35 pm

The semi's were more entertaining than last nights finals. About the only thing I liked over the weekend was gamerbee's adon in a sea of rufus, able, and ryu's.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 3:23 pm

I thought Infiltrate's Akuma and Dr Chaos's Ken were refreshing, too.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 3:40 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh1fzwJeaEI[/youtube]

If you watch it at youtube, they have the vuvuzela button for it which just adds another level to it. :lol:

kriskarnage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2010, 3:42 pm

skafather84 wrote:

there's nothing special bout neither of them other that Infiltrate didn't make any mistakes and Dr. Chaos didn't run into any one decent until nearly the end.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 5:35 pm

kriskarnage wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

there's nothing special bout neither of them other that Infiltrate didn't make any mistakes and Dr. Chaos didn't run into any one decent until nearly the end.

Infiltrate played a very uptight and close game while Akuma is normally more of a space player. Dr Chaos threw maybe 5 fireballs in the course of his matches and had an amazing footsies game along with solid combos. Sorry but to me, a shoto that DOESN'T throw at least 20 fireballs in a match is a bit of an oddity and something different/interesting.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 9:27 pm

I got it because Street Fighter II for the Genesis was one of my favourite fighting games. It's good but I didn't like it as much as Street Fighter II. Too bad my 360 broke. :(

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 10:47 pm

Did you get a stick for it? Maybe the Madcatz pad? I can understand it not being an enjoyable experience if you just use a regular 360 controller since the left analog stick and the d-pad both are horrible options for playing Street Fighter.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 9:49 pm

Who here can effectively focus cancel? Say....using Adon: jaguar rising, focus cancel, jaguar rising.

kriskarnage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jul 2010, 2:53 pm

Not I. Hard to do it on a pad.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 3:14 pm

It's not much easier on a stick.

Also, incase anyone balks at my owning a tourney stick: I also use it for a lot of the xbox arcade games like Final Fight, TMNT, Mega Man and the lot of those.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 1:05 pm

^^ Greetings everyone,

I believe I enjoy playing Super Street Fighter IV very much. However, I believe I am not very skilled and have not played any online matches as of yet.