Need Some Advice From Pokemon Fans!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2013, 7:37 pm

Couldn't really find anywhere else to post this, but just please hear me out, Pokemon fans! This has been bugging me all day...

Well, I've now got four gym badges in my Pokemon: X game, only now to be facing a certain dilemma... You see, half of my team are fighting-type Pokemon, and right there you can already see the problem...

Lately, I've been messing around with Marriland's Pokemon Team Builder, and while my current team showed quite a few good residences, some of the weaknesses there kind of scared me! I'll admit, none of them go over the half-way mark, but I still don't want to risk things...

It's not so much that I hate my Blaziken, it's just that I think my team needs to be a bit more balanced... I don't want to ditch my Lucario, because he has quite a few residences among various Pokemon types, (and one of my favorite Pokemon), or my Chesnaught because she's my starter!

So I was maybe thinking of switching him out with a Talonflame, or some other fire type...

To give you guys more of a visual, here's the layout of my ENTIRE team:

Chestnut, (Chesnaught), level 41

STATS
HP: 135
Attack: 105
Defense: 107
Sp. Atk: 92
Sp. Def: 78
Speed: 73

Ability: Overgrow

MOVES
Spiky Shield
Seed Bomb
Take Down
Needle Arm

Nature: Mild
Characteristic: Highly curious

Blaziken, level 42

STATS
HP: 128
Attack: 107
Defense: 75
Sp. Atk: 117
Sp. Def: 72
Speed: 97

Ability: Speed Boost

MOVES
Blaze Kick
Slash
Bulk Up
Ember

Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Very finicky

Hydro, (Blastoise), level 40

STATS
HP: 125
Attack: 94
Defense: 97
Sp. Atk: 83
Sp. Def: 99
Speed: 89

Ability: Torrent

MOVES
Aqua Tail
Skull Bash
Water Pulse
Surf

Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Quick tempered

Sylveon, level 43

STATS
HP: 153
Attack: 64
Defense: 83
Sp. Atk: 106
Sp. Def: 135
Speed: 80

Ability: Cute Charm

MOVES
Swift
Misty Terrain
Draining Kiss
Moonblast

Nature: Bold
Characteristic: Somewhat vain

Kabuki, (Zangoose), level 38

STATS
HP: 114
Attack: 125
Defense: 65
Sp. Atk: 61
Sp. Def: 60
Speed: 73

Ability: Immunity

MOVES
Slash
Poison Jab
Crush Claw
X-Scissor

Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about

Soul, (Lucario), level 38

STATS
HP: 103
Attack: 100
Defense: 57
Sp. Atk: 102
Sp. Def: 65
Speed: 96

Ability: Steadfast

MOVES
Power-Up Punch
Swords Dance
Me First
Bone Rush

Nature: Hasty
Characteristic: Alert to sounds

So, should I ditch my Blaziken for something else? And is a Fletching even worth training?

For those of you that think I should keep him, is there any certain TMs that I could teach to one of my Pokemon that would be super-effective against flying and psychic-type Pokemon?

I've also super-trained all my Pokemon except for Lucario so far.

Troy_Guther
Toucan
Toucan

18 Oct 2013, 9:10 pm

I don't think having three fighting types is necessarily a problem at all. In my White 2 run, I had a Virizion, Lucario, and Emboar, and everything ended up fine. Although if you must replace your Blaziken, a Fletchling is probably also a decent replacement. You do need a pokemon for Fly eventually.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2013, 11:35 pm

Makes me wonder what you plan to use against ghost types since they have immunity to fighting and normal attacks, and resistances to bug, poison, and tend to have a resistance to grass. For that I recommend at least including some ghost attacks, you can find the TM for Shadow Claw fairly early on and can teach it for some strength as it is super effective against ghosts and psychics, I taught it to Chestnaught's earlier forms, and still knows it. And you might also be able to teach Zangoose a fighting type move so that it can have a type advantage against steel or rock types. A good move to also teach via TM may also be Rock Tomb, which is super effective against flying and can lower speed enemy speed so slower pokemon then can get in fast for the final hits.

For myself fell in love with Meowstick which might have extra special attack that you team seems to lack, your Blastoise seems to have especially low for possible special attacks. A strong psychic pokemon should also be able to learn thunderbolt that you get from the next gym.