Being a dip and dyed, tried and true nerd/gamer I hate.....

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

aldent88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Aug 2010, 1:43 pm

....to say this, but I really hope this years lack of a summer draught of good games is just a one time/once every few years or so kinda thing.

There is WAY too many great games coming out, both physical copies wise and DL only wise, this summer.

And we still have Fall, Winter, and next Spring before next Summer arrives to HOPEFULLY give our wallets a well deserved rest.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 2:06 pm

To what games are you referring? Most of the games I wanted this year came out in the first quarter, and most of the games I'm looking forward to don't come out until early 2011.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 2:19 pm

Next month Civ V

Everything else isn't really exciting

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 5:01 pm

Well, Bungie is releasing Halo: Reach for my birthday...

Also, this fall (don't know the date yet) will reportedly bring us Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, which I must have because if you play through the story mode to the end, you get to play your instrument of choice through the entirety of Rush's 2112 - all seven parts, better than half an hour long!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 6:45 pm

I dunno, I thought this summer was pretty dry as far as releases go and I can't think of too many games coming up that I'm really psyched about, either. Maybe Halo: Reach but, to be honest, that series has kinda run its course for me and I didn't even bother picking up Halo 3 rather less ODST.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 8:54 pm

Civilization V
Fable III

All the rest are coming out next year at best:

Shogun 2: Total War
Dragon Age 2
Mass Effect 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Guild Wars 2
Batman: Arkham City
Diablo III

kriskarnage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2010, 10:27 pm

I see this happening more often with the success of SC 2 and Mario Galaxy 2, and Metal Gear Solid 4 last year. For years now it's hard to get your game stand out during the busy Christmas season when most companies dump all the games during August - November.

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Aug 2010, 1:34 am

I've got City of Heroes: Going Rogue, then Metroid: Other M, Blazblue: Continuum Shift just released, there's like two more I can't think of right now.