Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

aldent88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2010, 6:35 pm

Ok, my stepdad and I got in a fight here recently, I was kicked out. I am now living with my bio dad.

During the fight, my stepfather destroyed my 360 and refuses to pay for it. My bio dad says to just let the situation drop.(It was the 250 GB MW2 Edition D=

I'm 22 years old. I have a job that I start orientation for on Monday(janitor in a nearby hospital) It'll pay me $15 an hour, plus benefits

Since I've lived with my mother and stepfather up until this point in my life, my dad says he wants me to stay with them for a few years, free of charge(no rent, no paying for own groceries, just paying my gas and insurance on my vehicle, and paying for my online stuff)

So I'll have plenty of time to build up money for when I feel I'm ready to get my own place.

The HDD was also pretty roughed up(I don't know if I can use it or not on another system)

Should I buy a new 360 "Slim"???

I wasn't that far into many of my games except L4D 1, which I had earned several achievements for(but those are recovered when you recover your GT, right??)

So really, I could use this, along with my horribad memory span to just start new files on a new 360.

Only thing is I've heard people having problems with their 360 "Slim" dyign on them, having the red(or is it orange??I cant exactly remember right now) dot in the place where the green dot should be when they turn on their console. Some have been using it for short periods of time already, some brought their's home and set it up outta the box and gotten the "Dot of death"

If I buy one, I'll be sure to get an in store warranty, so I can have it replace ASAP.

So, my fellow wrongplaneteers, should I get a 360 "Slim" or an Arcade and dish out the extra bones for a separate 250 GB HDD???

Please help!! !

Thanks in advance for (helpful) responses!! !!
But I want that 250 GB HDD.

That way, I can DL all sorts opf XBLA titles/demos(Summer of Arcade deal anyone?) and all sorts of DLC and have plenty of room for other stuff(custo

Prksrbrt
Raven
Raven

05 Aug 2010, 6:45 pm

Well no matter which route you go, it has a chance of breaking. I would say buy the slim and get the warranty, that way you are not dishing out more money than you have too. Plus 5 usb ports vs 3 is kinda win... Personally I got rid of my Xbox 360 recently because ever since i got my ps3 i haven't played it much. Either way good luck man and may you be successful at your new job.

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 6:53 pm

Any model you get has a chance of red-something-of-death. That's the problem with the 360 in general. The good news is that yes, your achievements will be recovered as soon as you log on, even without the hard drive. Anything you payed for, like DLC or on-demand games, will be free to download to your new 360 hard drive.

I bought my arcade refurbished on ebay for 60 bucks. The 250gb hard drive new also runs about 50-60 bucks.

aldent88
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2010, 10:49 pm

scubasteve wrote:
Any model you get has a chance of red-something-of-death. That's the problem with the 360 in general. The good news is that yes, your achievements will be recovered as soon as you log on, even without the hard drive. Anything you payed for, like DLC or on-demand games, will be free to download to your new 360 hard drive.

I bought my arcade refurbished on ebay for 60 bucks. The 250gb hard drive new also runs about 50-60 bucks.

Meh.....I'd rather not buy refurb/used 360s

Apparently either a little less or a little more(can't remember which) than half of refurbs you'll find are the kind with the old(launch) chipset in them. And if they DO have a new(Jasper, I believe its called?) chipset in them, you either got lucky, or they already RRd before and the system was sent to MS and they replaced the launch chipset with the new pre-360 S chipset.