Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2010, 7:25 pm

I just want to know if any one is excited about the new games that are coming, and to see which is your favorite? ( both current-ish and old )
for me it is a tie between SA2 and Sonic Unleashed.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2010, 10:33 pm

I love the Sonic series! However the quality of the games have been sadly going downhill... I honestly think the series began to die after SA2... I mean Heroes was good but other than that the majority of the games after SA2 have been terrible (Don't even get me started on Sonic 06...) However I am looking forward to Colors as I hope that will be a step up for the franchise.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 12:27 am

S3+SK = ultimate Sonic game.

The new old school styled Sonic game looks good but i'm really let down that they don't have the full speed red wheel looking feet. I realize it's nitpicking but it really does make a different in the sense of perceived speed. Same with how in the old games the screen would move with Sonic more toward the forward side of the screen if he was going fast enough on a long enough run. It's small things but they all add important parts to the flavor...kinda like how that pinch of garlic can make all the difference when cooking.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 6:08 am

^^Yaye greetings everyone. I believe that I very much enjoy Sonic the Hedgehog games. I believe that I enjoy the original Sega Mega Drive games and also possess Sonic Rush Adventure and also Sonic Unleashed. ^^ I very much enjoyed the daytime stages within Sonic Unleashed (however I have not as of yet completed this).

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 8:43 am

Xenu wrote:
I love the Sonic series! However the quality of the games have been sadly going downhill... I honestly think the series began to die after SA2... I mean Heroes was good but other than that the majority of the games after SA2 have been terrible (Don't even get me started on Sonic 06...) However I am looking forward to Colors as I hope that will be a step up for the franchise.
Don't worry I won't get you started on Sonic 06, because I know just how bad that game was. ( I played and finished it. ) 8O I never played Heroes, but Sonic Unleashed wasn't that bad, in fact it was fun! Personally I'm looking forward to Sonic 4 episode 1.

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 11:09 am

sonic 3 and knuckles = my favorite, every thing after that has bin a steep decent into the toilet. sonic is dead, will sonic 4 bring him back to life, i do not know. i hope so. but in tell than, sonic is a dead to me, oh how i miss you.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 3:07 pm

Cultus_Diabolus wrote:
sonic 3 and knuckles = my favorite, every thing after that has bin a steep decent into the toilet. sonic is dead, will sonic 4 bring him back to life, i do not know. i hope so. but in tell than, sonic is a dead to me, oh how i miss you.

I've heard Sonic CD was good and was along the same lines but one thing I liked about S3 + SK is that it established a narrative that followed through the whole thing both with Sonic's perspective and with Knuckles' perspective. S2 was great but didn't have that kind of underlying narrative through the whole thing other than that the ending connected up into S3.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 3:53 pm

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 qualify as some of my favorite games of all time.

Sonic's one of the instances where a company can make the 2D to 3D transition, and do it incredibly well; many fail, but they didn't. The gameplay is amazing, it doesn't even require an explanation.

Don't even get me started on the Soundtracks. It's one of the reasons Jun Senoue is possibly my #1 video game composer. How he could compose songs where they form the exact mental image of the level design in itself, and his unique choice of notes for the guitar leads...

And the main themes, with Johnny Gioeli on vocals... man.

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 4:10 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Cultus_Diabolus wrote:

I've heard Sonic CD was good and was along the same lines but one thing I liked about S3 + SK is that it established a narrative that followed through the whole thing both with Sonic's perspective and with Knuckles' perspective. S2 was great but didn't have that kind of underlying narrative through the whole thing other than that the ending connected up into S3.

ive played sonic cd, i did not care for it much

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 4:11 pm

Dnuos wrote:

Sonic's one of the instances where a company can make the 2D to 3D transition, and do it incredibly well; many fail, but they didn't. The gameplay is amazing, it doesn't even require an explanation.

Don't even get me started on the Soundtracks. It's one of the reasons Jun Senoue is possibly my #1 video game composer. How he could compose songs where they form the exact mental image of the level design in itself, and his unique choice of notes for the guitar leads...

if were talking about the dream cast one, it was ok, not good, not horrible. if its the game boy ones, they were good, but they were also 2d

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 4:18 pm

Cultus_Diabolus wrote:
Dnuos wrote:

if were talking about the dream cast one, it was ok, not good, not horrible. if its the game boy ones, they were good, but they were also 2d
Nah, not the game boy ones, those were Sonic Advance not Adventure.

I pretty much fell in love with the Dreamcast/Gamecube ones (SA 1 and 2)

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 4:20 pm

Dnuos wrote:
Cultus_Diabolus wrote:
Dnuos wrote:

Nah, not the game boy ones, those were Sonic Advance not Adventure.

I pretty much fell in love with the Dreamcast/Gamecube ones (SA 1 and 2)

i enjoyed the levels played as sonic, the tails/knuckles verity were often tedious and unfun imo.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 5:08 pm

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
Xenu wrote:
Don't worry I won't get you started on Sonic 06, because I know just how bad that game was. ( I played and finished it. ) 8O I never played Heroes, but Sonic Unleashed wasn't that bad, in fact it was fun! Personally I'm looking forward to Sonic 4 episode 1.

I loved the daytime levels of Sonic Unleashed and if those were the full game (only with more of them) It might have been one of my favorite games of all time. However the Nighttime levels killed the game for me. And you haver played Heroes? That was a really good game actually, you should try it.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 5:26 pm

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Aug 2010, 9:58 pm

lmao @ Science_Guy that's so true! It's true they lost most of their charm after the Dreamcast era (occasionally we still do get the good game, but it's overshadowed by so many crappy ones people don't care.) Anyways my favorites are Sonic Advenure and Sonic the Hegehog 2.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 12:43 am

Fidget wrote:
lmao @ Science_Guy that's so true! It's true they lost most of their charm after the Dreamcast era (occasionally we still do get the good game, but it's overshadowed by so many crappy ones people don't care.) Anyways my favorites are Sonic Advenure and Sonic the Hegehog 2.

It's totally true. It's happened many times now. I'm not buying a Sonic game after Sonic Unleashed.